BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: quick trip up aetna, new lights, and a ?  (Read 345 times)

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
quick trip up aetna, new lights, and a ?
« on: September 14, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »
took the jeep up aetna today, basically went up and turned around once we got to the top cause we were worried it was gonna rain, and the fact that my buddy lives 1 minute from there helped our decision and that there weren't many people there...so we picked up some cheap baja lights at o reilly's and put em on the jeep, and for some reason the pic isn't sending isn't sending, I'll get a night pic and get it uploaded later, but we couldn't get the piece of plastic off where switches are supposed to be mounted, just wondering what the right way to get it off is??

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: quick trip up aetna, new lights, and a ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 07:28:53 PM »
took the jeep up aetna today, basically went up and turned around once we got to the top cause we were worried it was gonna rain, and the fact that my buddy lives 1 minute from there helped our decision and that there weren't many people there...so we picked up some cheap baja lights at o reilly's and put em on the jeep, and for some reason the pic isn't sending isn't sending, I'll get a night pic and get it uploaded later, but we couldn't get the piece of plastic off where switches are supposed to be mounted, just wondering what the right way to get it off is??

For a TJ, remove the strip across the top of the dash at the windshield,
remove the 2 screws holding the center section,
pull the center section off from the top down to the bottom,
the switch fillers will pop out now, and you can install your switches.

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:58:42 PM »
thanks for the reply doug, sorry for the newb-esque questions, but there aren't any screws on the top strip that I could see, and I doubt it pries off..so??

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »
If youre talking about the dash center section there are no screws on top. Just tabs. Be careful not to break them. Screw is behind the ash tray.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 10:08:42 PM »
low and behold, according to stu, it does just pop up... http://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/panel/panel-1.htm ...thanks krawler, I will be sure to be gentle with it  :bs) j/k  ;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM