BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 1st Annual GATR Cook Out  (Read 1514 times)

gatradmin

1st Annual GATR Cook Out
« on: May 21, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »
Just to keep you guys posted. We are currently discussing our next large club event. We need to decide on place and date. We have been tossing around River Rock, there are some weekends available in June and July. I would like to find a place with camping. We could do Beasley or another OHV. What do you guys think?

steven

Re: 1st Annual GATR Cook Out
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 03:09:59 PM »
River rock is just down the road from me, maybe an hour, but I also want to get back to Beasley.

The reason why June and July are open is heat.

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:01:53 PM »
it sure will be hot... I like the idea of Beasely because of the price issues. It cost $5 for Beasely and how much for River Rock? Now of coarse Beasley looks like there are zero things to help with the less "ruffing it" campers. I dont think there are showers, bathrooms, running water period or any other things up there, i like it  ;D

But i will do either one willingly, i just like the idea of Beasely more

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 05:04:24 PM »
I like Beasley as well, but at the same time, we've been there.  I've never been to River Rock and I think it'd be fun.  Sure it's gonna be hot, but you're not gonna get out of the heat unless you're inside.  And what kind of off-roading can you do inside?  I personally would like to vouch for River Rock.  True, the price at Beasley is more budget friendly, but there wasn't a vast amount of places to camp up there.  I saw the one place that looks like you could've fit a few tents and whatnot.  I do want to get back up to Beasley with the Ranger after it's lifted and all.

oldblazer

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 07:33:17 PM »
i hate to ask but what about sweet water its free and the trail comes out to the lake but there is no promise they wont start developing the area by then i can try and find out a date for the demo of the area if any one would like camping would be very primative but there are some camp sights down the road we could use

steven

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:46:06 PM »
  Now of coarse Beasley looks like there are zero things to help with the less "ruffing it" campers. 
I'm sleeping out under the stars, I don't even need a tent

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »
Heck, I will sleep in my Jeep if I have too.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Daniel

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 05:17:55 PM »
I don't mind about the camping or camping conditions or anything, but it's the girlfriend.  So.. who knows.  I might just have to leave her if it comes down to that.   ;D

Offline DMZ

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 09:24:18 PM »
Im kinda with oldblazer with sweet water. it close and That way I wont have to tow my jeep to where ever we go (just in case something breaks.) But keep me posted, and ill try my best to be there.
1992 XJ
6in custom
Full width D44
Full width Ford 9in Mini spool
Custom front and rear bumper
Warn 8000

steven

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 09:37:22 PM »
something breaks = we fix it

When you are that far from home you just have to use your head, you will be ok at Beasley.

oldblazer

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 09:53:48 PM »
eric if needs be i'll ride with you and we'll see if we can get patrick to bring his dodge with a tow dolley he have one we can use, the omly thing we might need id some stock wheels and tires for your jeep other than that wouldnt be an issue but i still say we go with sweet water  ;D

Offline DMZ

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »
I like aweet water as well. at night we can camp on the lake by a camp fire and drink some beer. Just my 2 cents
1992 XJ
6in custom
Full width D44
Full width Ford 9in Mini spool
Custom front and rear bumper
Warn 8000

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM