BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Cumberland Island, GA  (Read 496 times)

BigJerm

Cumberland Island, GA
« on: October 08, 2008, 12:08:04 PM »
Anyone ever been? Got some friends who do a yearly camping trip and they invited me to go with them at the end of April. Looks like a pretty cool place to be. No cars allowed on the island (i think the few residents have them), you got to pack in what you need to have as the only access is a ferry boat, and seems like a lot of old and historical things like the grave of General Robert E. Lee's father, some old ruins, ect...

Here is some info from a quick google search
http://www.nps.gov/cuis/

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: Cumberland Island, GA
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 12:13:37 PM »
Cumberland Island is AWESOME. Just try to somehow get a friend to stab you in the leg so the Coast Guard will take you off the island, its way cheaper than the ferry, lol.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

RotorHead

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »
Cumberland Island is AWESOME. Just try to somehow get a friend to stab you in the leg so the Coast Guard will take you off the island, its way cheaper than the ferry, lol.

From experience?

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »

From experience?

Yessir.
- Jimmy

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 12:32:33 PM »
I will attempt to avoid any of that...

Looks like I need to charge the camera up for this trip. My friend sent me some awesome pictures.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 12:37:46 PM »
Yeah Jeremy, I went with 3 friends for 5 days right after I finished high school and we had about 400 pictures between two cameras. IMO, Stafford beach is the best back country campsite since its right on the other side of the dunes from the beach, but from looking at that link they may have changed it to Stafford campground and added showers and bathrooms (hella lame). And don't be surprised if you wake up and there is a pack of wild horses a few feet from you.
- Jimmy

BigJerm

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »
Guess my Jeep mod money is going to camping gear. No way in hell I am going to pack in that heavy Coleman tent, air mattress, ect. Not to mention, I got nothing to pack it all in! Good thing my REI member refund comes in March

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 01:59:01 PM »
Let me know if you need any help with purchasing. I am an avid hiker. Got all the Gucci stuff!
I've grown tired of this.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 02:20:40 PM »
Jeremy-
  man, we have a team fund here for our guys. Mostly to buy beer and shirts, challenge coins, etc.. Sounds like we need a GATR fund to help lift that Rubi ;D LOL!!!

isuzufool

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 05:03:18 PM »
Cumberland Island is definately a nice place to go camp.  The old houses and wild horses and all that is really cool.  My brother and his GF took a back pack camping trip down there a while ago for a whole week.  Pretty sweet.

rubiconjack

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »
I have seen signs for it. Its right up the road, sorta from me. You'll have to post a few pics so we can see how it is. I was wondering about it ....  ???

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 09:11:59 AM »
A friend of mine went a couple of months ago and he loved it. Take some thing to keep the flies off you.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM