BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Telico and Beasley Knob Info  (Read 779 times)

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
Telico and Beasley Knob Info
« on: October 09, 2008, 09:20:49 PM »
Okay Everyone,

My vacation starts on Oct 17th.  I will be traveling to N Georgia for a week of off roading.  I have a cabin in Hiawassee, GA.  We are planning on wheeling Telico and Blairsville .  My dad will be in his jeep.  His is MOAB ready.  My jeep is a work in progress.  Any info on the trails we should explore would be appreciated.  Not looking for very extreme but would like to test the jeep a little.  Any input would be appreciated. 

Rockinwrangler,   http://www.gatrailriders.com/member145.htm

My dad's jeep,   http://www.gettinright.com/id4.html
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Telico and Beasley Knob Info
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »
Hit Tellico for sure. Beasley is just a bunch of hill climbs. No rocks really. Aetna is in Chatanooga and Gulches is fairly close. But you can get to Tellico from there in about a little over an hour.
I've grown tired of this.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 10:55:54 PM »
Dad's got a pimp rig!

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:50:49 AM »
Hit Tellico for sure. Beasley is just a bunch of hill climbs. No rocks really. Aetna is in Chatanooga and Gulches is fairly close. But you can get to Tellico from there in about a little over an hour.

Yeah, Beasley is fun but other than 1 or 2 sections not hard core crawling. But if you got a week its only $5 to ride so might as well. If it rains they will close the trails though

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 02:45:41 PM »
Yea,  Dad does have a pimp ride....  I have seen it do things that some people would not believe.  The first time I met him in Moab all I could say is, "You guys are crazy."  He has had a great time with the jeep though.  He does pretty good for a 70 year old.  I just hope when I am 70 I will have that much adventure left.

If you guys could recommend trail numbers that would be okay for an easy day at Telico it would be appreciated.  Better yet take a day off and come join in the fun.

Rockingwrangler.

06trailrig

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »
Where you going to be staying at? I'm off that day and would like to ride since most of the club rides fall on work days.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »
I would hit 4, 5, 6 and if you guys are both up for the hard stuff hit 12 going up, to Helicopter and then Guardrail. That is the best way to hit the hard stuff. 4,5,6 are just mild little trails. Your dad will be in for a suprise if he has never wheeled in the southeast. Moad and such have sandpaper for rock. Here is a bit different. But I would for sure head up the bus to 12! What day are you looking at going again? I may be down for a trail ride. Show you guys round the place!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 03:43:39 PM »
X2 on this info from Krawler. Oh, and stay right on school bus!! ;D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 03:45:17 PM »
Yes! ooohhhh,  OOOOHHHHHH!!! :D :D

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 04:11:20 PM »
I am not sure about the Helicopter Pad nor the School Bus.  I have seen both on 4 wheelers and I don't think I'm up for those on the first outing.  We are staying in Hiawassee.  We will arrive sometime saturday afternoon on the 18th.  We will be staying until Friday the 24th.  We can do Telico any day that would be more convient for any of you guys.  We also plan to play around a little at Blairsville if it is open.  We really have no plans on any particular day.  That is what vacation is for.  No schedule, no rules, just take slow and easy and enjoy life. 

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 10:13:26 PM »
O am wanting to hit Tellico sometime soon, going thru withdrawls, so I am down for a ride. As for trails. I will take you up and lead you guys around. Everything has bypasses. You and your dad will be more than fine. Both locked so your set.

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »
Just let me know what day is good for you and we will try to meet up and wheel together. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM