BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: REI.com  (Read 984 times)

Offline james

• Visitor
REI.com
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »
Well I ordered a light from them and when I called they are having a scratch and dent sell for their Members only Sunday October 19th.  Anyone a member and wanna let me know if it is worth it before I spend the $20?

BigJerm

Re: REI.com
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:48:46 PM »
Where at?  ;D

Sale isnt to bad but unless you get there about 7 a.m. you wont be one of the first. When I went to them you get in line, they give you a ticket with a number and they allow the first 50 in, then the next 50, and so on. So once you get your ticket you can get out of line BUT you don't line back up in the order of your ticket number, just in the group of 50.

SOOOOO your call. May not have your light at the sale.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »
What light is it? Post a link and I bet bass pro or sun and ski would have it. Between Jerm and I we can find anything camp/hike related! ;)
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:44 PM »
What light is it? Post a link and I bet bass pro or sun and ski would have it. Between Jerm and I we can find anything camp/hike related! ;)

or Wal-mart! Get headlamps at Wal-mart for $10 with 3 settings that cost you $30+ at REI.

For some good bike stuff cheap keep an eye on www.chainlove.com (for hiking stuff check out www.steepandcheap.com ). When a part they have for sale is sold out they will put up a new part.

Offline james

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:26:50 AM »
The sale is at the Kennesaw location at Barrett Pkwy.  I bought the light last night:

http://www.rei.com/product/777359

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 09:14:35 AM »
I've grown tired of this.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »
You want to see a credit card catch fire, come with me to REI!! I need a new parka. Arc Teryx is a grat product. I love my solomons. Guccii!! NIce light. I need one for the Haro!

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 03:59:41 PM »
Arc Teryx is a grat product.

A great product but man that price is  :o

$500 for a jacket...... OUCH. Go with the REI brand. I got a Northface outter shell with a zip out under layer that doubles as light jacket and the combo was $260 and that hurt the pocket a year ago.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »
I will post a pic of the old REI switchback I had. REI stuff is kick ass and I like the exchange policy but hate the dividend thing! SCAM. I still have the original One soft shell. We get a little discount also on A-T products. This will be a stop I make this time home or Dick's Sporting Goods!!LOL!!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 04:27:24 PM »
REI stuff is good but you cant be free stuff.. the army (coughs) gives me all i need (cough)

BigJerm

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »
I will post a pic of the old REI switchback I had. REI stuff is kick ass and I like the exchange policy but hate the dividend thing! SCAM. I still have the original One soft shell. We get a little discount also on A-T products. This will be a stop I make this time home or Dick's Sporting Goods!!LOL!!

sounds like me, you and  Ben could make a day out of going to REI

ghostdancer308

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 04:39:34 PM »
Sounds like a heterosexual date to me!!LOL!! Shopping day for the guys!!! Beers afterward!!LOLOL!!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM