BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Saving Money  (Read 1542 times)

BigJerm

Saving Money
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
SO in these tough times what are you doing to save money? For me the 1 credit card bill seems to hang over my head and it makes it hard to pull the trigger on Jeep mods without paying it off. I have been saving when and where I can to put more money towards it. So far this is what I got:

Water:
-Wash clothes when full load, wash dishes when full load
-Take shorter, cooler (saves gas from water heater too) showers

A/C
-Stays around 80 during the day with the blinds closed. I change to shorts/t-shirt when I get home so I don't get hot and turn it to 78ish
-At night it goes to 75 but the past few nights I just rock the windows

Power:
-Lights, TV off when not in use
-Unplug chargers during the day and turn off anything like the printer that does not need to be on

I do other things like bring my lunch to work everyday, ride my bike when I can, buy store brands instead of Kellogs or others.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Saving Money
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »
You should talk to my wife... Here is her blog for $ saving and coupons. We get a TON of groceries for almost nothing!

http://savinggreene.blogspot.com/
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 12:57:10 PM »
I'm a college student without a job, I don't think I can get any cheaper.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 07:38:01 PM »
army housing.. how cheap do you think that is...
right now dont have to worry about elec(army pays for it(thanks tax payers..)
Water(army pays again thanks tax payer)
trash(army pays for it)
gas to work almost nothing... when i feel like it i walk..if i have time if not the jeep and also if i ran for PT or not
food... oh please... that is the killer..
wife huh where do i begin...
kid..no saving there

chew.. cant do the cheap stuff tried that

oh wait,... i do pay for all those things... over a 1000 a month... hmmmm i think i am getting  {nln} here

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
You should talk to my wife... Here is her blog for $ saving and coupons. We get a TON of groceries for almost nothing!

http://savinggreene.blogspot.com/

Thanks for that man! I sent the link to the wife.  We need all the help we can get these days!  {toast}

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:41:11 PM »
FOr everybody that shops at PUBLIX. We have a "penny item" every sunday and monday. This comming week is going to be our regular loaf of bread. Shh. dont tell anybody. ;)
Don't know what I got anymore...

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »
going to post it up on google under Publix is  8==D

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »
Good blog there Ben. Does she know where to find a lot of Kroger or Publix coupons by chance?

Well, got the water bill the other day, about $10 cheaper than normal so not bad! Cant wait to see my power bill which has stayed around $90 a month for awhile. My dad also gave me one of his Costco membership cards so I can buy gas at their cheaper price but I need to get one to go in the store with.

Also, got this thing from AT&T in the mail about getting home internet for $19.95 a month (not promotional rate) and you don’t need home phone with it. Not bad considering Comcast is killing me for like $40 a month for internet and that’s a promotional rate that will go up in December or January. Not to mention with Home Depot I get 22% off AT&T so ill add the internet to my cell phone plan and internet will really only cost me around $15 so saving another $25 plus whatever I would save after the promotional period ends with Comcast.

My next step is Sunday we are going shopping at Kroger with the plus card to see if it’s cheaper than Publix. Both stores are equal distance away so might as well right!

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »

My next step is Sunday we are going shopping at Kroger with the plus card to see if it’s cheaper than Publix. Both stores are equal distance away so might as well right!

NO!!!!
IF YOU EVER WANNA SEE ME ON THE TRAILS. I wont be able to pay for the jeep and end up homeless. :-[
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:24:30 PM by Adam »
Don't know what I got anymore...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 08:33:39 PM »
Jerm, my wife has a system I could never understand! She knows how to do it but you almost need a class on the stuff she does! :D
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 09:51:56 PM »
Ok so we shopped at Kroger tonight and saved about $20 over Publix. This included buying 10 cans of soup for $10 (not normal items but Megan wanted it) and booklet of stamps (around $8). Since I am so anal we are going to keep the list and reciept and go buy the exact same things, minus the stamps and soup, from Publix and see if we did indeed save cash.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 09:55:15 PM »
Ok so we shopped at Kroger tonight and saved about $20 over Publix. This included buying 10 cans of soup for $10 (not normal items but Megan wanted it) and booklet of stamps (around $8). Since I am so anal we are going to keep the list and reciept and go buy the exact same things, minus the stamps and soup, from Publix and see if we did indeed save cash.

We usually shop at Kroger 'cause its closer, but their fresh meats/seafood sucks generally. We get that stuff from the Fresh Market. More expensive, but weeeellllll worth it.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM