BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: SLICK ROCK 08'  (Read 853 times)

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
SLICK ROCK 08'
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:36:15 PM »
There is no way Slick Rock will every be open look at the pics

Don't know what I got anymore...

BigJerm

Re: SLICK ROCK 08'
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:43:18 PM »
wow. I figured they would have done some work on it but I guess in their eyes the only problem was "us". They just closed the trail and left it alone. No rebuilding, re direction of the trail or water drains... nothing.

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 09:46:12 PM »
no they did alot of work to the trail the entire top is like steps big water holes
Don't know what I got anymore...

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »
So why do you say they will never open it?

Man I really wanna ride that trail!
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:19:36 PM »
I stand corrected. I see in your last picture the dips in the trail going down. Well kudos to them then.

Will, I hate to say it but I think the "year closure to evaluate the trail" was just some BS to go ahead and get it closed. I mean its perfect, close some of the best trails, try to kill Tellico and when it comes time to fight for the new FS plan (coming out soon, final decision Dec. 18th so be ready!) who is going to stand up and fight when they no longer care to ride their?

Just a thought though, I am a conspiracy man... let me go put back on my tinfoil hat now

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 08:18:23 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for walking down and getting those pictures. That is crazy, to bad slickrock was closed before I ever made it to tellico.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 08:45:18 AM »
Wow, look at the difference here:

Tellico Decembers 27th (when a few of us hit slickrock one last time. Thats my old JK at the bottom)

NOW:

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:13:33 PM by Adam »

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 11:17:02 AM »
There's my tj! Man I wanna run that trail again  :'(
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline zukbilly

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 05:57:02 PM »
before long we will have 2 walk all the trails  :(

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 08:25:57 PM »
I walked down with Adam as well. I almost teared up! Knowing that trail is gone forever pissed me off! When you see how much dirt they dumped and water run offs made then you know it's gone. No way they would have done that much work then thought... yeah, we'll reopen in a yr.  :bs) Trail 8 and 6 have gotten less use and 6 seems a bit more rought than I remember. Also anybody remember the big fun ledge on 8? We took a night ride months back and hit that one ledge at night then drove back. Well, it's filled in too. I drove right over it. Now it's just a foot high or so and filled in with dirt. I tell you, At the end of the year bus, is gone forever! Slickrock is gone forever and I seriously doubt lower 2 will be opened again. They have the peckerwood connector gated as well. I did not have time to hike to that one. Save that for another day. I am sure it was filled as well. It is not looking good for us. I say next year spring fling there will be 1, 3, 4, 5/maybe, 6, and some of 8, heli and the rail. Nothing else. If they close the bus then the only way to get to heli and guadrail will be up the main trail or use trail 3 :P No thanks man! That place will be a cluster  3:)!! Better plan to get the riding done by the end of the year!!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 08:35:45 PM »
I walked down with Adam as well. I almost teared up! Knowing that trail is gone forever pissed me off! When you see how much dirt they dumped and water run offs made then you know it's gone. No way they would have done that much work then thought... yeah, we'll reopen in a yr.  :bs) Trail 8 and 6 have gotten less use and 6 seems a bit more rought than I remember. Also anybody remember the big fun ledge on 8? We took a night ride months back and hit that one ledge at night then drove back. Well, it's filled in too. I drove right over it. Now it's just a foot high or so and filled in with dirt. I tell you, At the end of the year bus, is gone forever! Slickrock is gone forever and I seriously doubt lower 2 will be opened again. They have the peckerwood connector gated as well. I did not have time to hike to that one. Save that for another day. I am sure it was filled as well. It is not looking good for us. I say next year spring fling there will be 1, 3, 4, 5/maybe, 6, and some of 8, heli and the rail. Nothing else. If they close the bus then the only way to get to heli and guadrail will be up the main trail or use trail 3 :P No thanks man! That place will be a cluster  3:)!! Better plan to get the riding done by the end of the year!!

Alright guys. This being said, I will be up there in November. I don't care how much money I have. I'm gonna do my best to shuffle stuff around on the 8th and make the GATR ride, but I may be riding the next weekend if I can't get that weekend free.

You're breaking my heart Ben  :'(
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 08:42:57 PM »
I'm not sugar coatin anything Will. I know it is going to happen. After this year that place will be a ghost town and will have yuppie wheelers in mom and dads tahoes up there. They are doing something major at the entrance to trail 6 all the way past trail 5 bridge. Lots of heavy equipment and dirt movers. They graded the road flast as can be. You know what that means... pavement! I bet that they will have alot of trail 1 paved soon as well. Like I said, better get up there now b4 you can't! Schoolbus is the best trail hands down and I will HATE to see it go!!! SUCKS!!!!!!
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM