BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Trail Question  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Trail Question
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:38:03 AM »
Just curious about some trails located between Suwanee and Buford. If you turn onto Peachtree Industrial Blvd from Suwanee Damn Road and head about 5 miles toward Buford there is a big area on the right hand side of the road. It looks like there are trails that run all over the place there. For the most part it looks like a right of way for utilities. Is anyone familiar with this place and know anything about it?
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

Re: Trail Question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:55:47 AM »
You are right, they are power lines and sewer trails for the utility companies to go through. Most of the time in that area they are not gated and that attracts the folks with 4x4's. Let me tell you from personal experience, don't go there, they are illegal.

When I got my first JK I was oblivious to the illegal/legal thing. I figured it wasn’t right but did it anyways. Well one day a cop showed and was ready to take us to jail and impound our rigs (my jeep, my brothers 4 wheeler and truck) but by some chance he let us off with a warning. I talked to him for a few minutes and he said they could take us to jail over night, impound the vehicles, fine us up to $600 and if we did any damage to the land we would have to pay to fix it. He also said the best rule of thumb is if it isnt your land, a public ORV park or if you don't have written permission from the owner in your hands you shouldn’t be there.

After that, I have never been back. If it isn’t a forest road or ORV park, I don’t go there. Just don’t buy into the “man I have been going for years and never seen a cop” or the “well there are no signs saying to keep out so it’s good to go”.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »
You know, they say experience is everything, but there are some thing I don't want to learn from experience................

Thanks for the info.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »
haha well learn from mine! Glad you asked before you went though. Educate other folks if you see/hear them around the trails. I know it doesn't seem connected but every time we take it illegal we make someone mad and when it comes time to fight for trails like Tellico to stay open it is hard to sway public opinion from illegal, drunk, stupid rednecks to responsible 4x4 enthusiast who work on and keep the trails clean..

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM