BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: out west again  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: out west again
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 08:40:56 AM »
I dunno, I was thinking Doug's Easter trip to Moab.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 08:41:44 AM »
LUCKY! I hope to have the Jeep ready by 2010...

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 01:27:05 PM »
LUCKY! I hope to have the Jeep ready by 2010...

I'm not sure if I'm actually ready or not. I don't know what I need other than a winch maybe?
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
Winch is a major need! I feel 100% better knowing I can hook up and pull myself out of about anything! Nice feeling to have. Other than that are you locked front and rear? If so you would be fine out west. Rocks are like sandpaper out there compared to the east!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
Winch is a major need! I feel 100% better knowing I can hook up and pull myself out of about anything! Nice feeling to have. Other than that are you locked front and rear? If so you would be fine out west. Rocks are like sandpaper out there compared to the east!

Hmmm, this sounds like fun!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:11 PM »
At first, those numbers I came up with sounded high... but after thinking about it if that estimate is close, that's not bad at all.

Can someone get a price from Ryder on a tandem axle tractor w/sleeper and a 48' flatbed?

It's all brainstorming at this point..

If 4 of you wanted to do this to get to Moab, I'll drive the truck if you need me to if I can ride shotgun with someone on the trail.
bolt-ons suck

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
I made a huge miscalculation, 4 jeeps may not fit on a flatbed. That would raise the price for each of us significantly.

About 8 years ago I had a job hauling side by sides around the country to dealerships and I hauled them on a modified car hauler (it had a solid floor instead of the open space in the middle), it sucks because that boss would have let us use his rig for mileage

If someone has a tow rig with space on it I'll help with the fuel bill to get to the Rubicon in 2010

Doug if are in the market for a tow rig let us know and we'll keep our eyes open. It's a buyers market right now until spring, the deals may end sooner with fuel prices diving.
bolt-ons suck

Offline extremetownie

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • He's a loser she said
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 08:28:37 AM »
i might be interested in this. i plan to go out west if not in 09 then in 10. i have a 32' trailer that easy;y hauls my rig and one other. if someone will split fuel, i makes the trip a whole lot more affordable. i get between 12 to 15 depending on the mountains,so that falls right in line with the number you have figured.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM