BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Never did I think  (Read 390 times)

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Never did I think
« on: November 03, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »
that I would be glad to have broken a drive shaft. I got the call tonight from the shop that I ripped the splines out of the drive shaft and did not break the rear dana 70. ;D
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Never did I think
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:08:42 PM »
that I would be glad to have broken a drive shaft. I got the call tonight from the shop that I ripped the splines out of the drive shaft and did not break the rear dana 70. ;D

Man, I agree.  Better to twist a drive shaft, or completely strip it out!  Better get the upgrade/full spline unit this time.   :)

mdo817

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:36:55 PM »
Car Trailer for when I F*ck something up.

That sums it up. I think I will be adopting your 3 try rule, and that part of your signature.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:59 AM »
Man, I agree.  Better to twist a drive shaft, or completely strip it out!  Better get the upgrade/full spline unit this time.   :)

I am going to get two much larger splined units this time.One for the trail and one spare.  I got "caught" in a hard place, down to just one rear drive shaft and about to stretch the tj and did not want to have to buy all the stuff to build a spare for one ride and redo both rear shafts.

Car Trailer for when I F*ck something up.
That sums it up. I think I will be adopting your 3 try rule, and that part of your signature.
I was "showing off" and hopped the TJ up on a good sized ledge and stripped all the splines out on the 1st try.  ;D   
I got to stop acting like a fool.  :hlp
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »
Well, żou found the winkest link.  Now the job is to move it somewhere else, but you can't pick where! :(   The Jeep has to do that for you.
Tell them you want a dump truck spline! :) 
Most folks don't know that the inner sline is usually short, and it's and upgrade to have to fully splined, which is much stronger except at full extension.
Keep us posted!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 09:24:28 AM »
Oops, that would be WEAKEST link, darned Blackberry!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM