BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rocker plans...  (Read 278 times)

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
Rocker plans...
« on: November 08, 2008, 09:17:31 PM »
I hope to make (or get started) on some rockers next weekend..I've got access to a professional welder(I plan to do the welding with his assistance) and a 220 volt arc stick welder...used it today to get started on a roll bar/light bar for my buddy's taco, we used some tube from a backhalf roll cage that came with the cj...but about the rockers, what is the best way to go about this? I would prefer not to bolt it to the outside of the tub, and I do plan to make the little tube step- same idea as atoz rockers, I just don't know what would be the best way to mount them, help?

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Rocker plans...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »
Welding them on might be stronger but bolted will allow to you easily remove them to re-paint or to straighten them out if they should get bent.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:02:12 PM »
ya after reading up a little more, it also sounds like tub are less like to bend, so I guess I'll go that route, I guess I'm gonna get a steel plate and cut it and weld it at a 90 degree angle...I think I'll get the tube and take it to be bent 20 degrees on each end

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »
You should try to have the bottom slide on top of the body mounts, like Poison spyders'. Very solid design.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM