BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 51906 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #840 on: February 22, 2010, 10:24:24 AM »
Back on the Bowflex today. I enjoyed the whole pushup/situp/pullup routine but resistance with weights will be a nice change.

On the topic of diets, ever heard of the Warrior Diet? I have been doing a lot of research on it lately and reading a lot of post on BB.com and a ton of folks swear by it. I found this link that sorta outlines it but I am sure his book does more. I ordered the book and it should be here tomorrow. Basic idea is you eat light, natural foods during the day (like under 600 calories total) and then at night you feast and you attempt to eat in the order of veggies - protein - carbs but you have a 4 hour window to eat and get in everything you would normally during the day. This supposedly makes your body burn a lot during the day, the large meals replenishes you, fuels the natural growth hormones while you sleep and helps you sleep.

https://udrive.oit.umass.edu/bhudson/web/The-Warrior-Diet-Fat-Loss-Plan.pdf

I'm on a 1800 calorie diet and can't imagine trying to shove 1200 calories down my throat with-in 4 hours........Good luck.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #841 on: February 22, 2010, 10:37:56 AM »
kind of seems ass backwards to everything I have ever read. {ehm} Keep us posted.

BigJerm

« Reply #842 on: February 22, 2010, 03:56:14 PM »
kind of seems ass backwards to everything I have ever read. {ehm} Keep us posted.

Thats what I said to... don't eat protein for hours at a time, dont eat before workout, eat a lot before bed... completely backwards but today is my first try on it. I have had a banana, an apple, some blueberries and my blackpower pre workout drink. Bout to hit the Bowflex and then my shake after. Megan is doing this too so I should be able to give some real feedback on the diet. I got plenty of fat to lose and muscle to gain and she just wants to tone so here we go!

I took a before picture about a week ago and she is going to tonight. I weighed in lastnight pre-dinner at 251. I will update weekly the next 3 weeks on progress. I sure hope this works because cooking 1 big meal vs cooking tons of little meals would be awesome!

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2010, 04:24:21 PM »
I am thinking about a salad diet all of a sudden,

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2010, 05:05:07 PM »
I want to be that salad.......................
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #845 on: February 23, 2010, 08:43:48 AM »
Well on day 2. I am less hungry this morning and lastnight was pretty awesome. Large, loaded salad, light on the dressing (some vinegar dressing), steamed broccoli, and a rice/bean/corn/cheese mixture. Suppose to avoid animal foods for a few days but I love me cheese.

Just got the book so time to do some reading and make sure I got this right!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #846 on: February 25, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »
Eating a ton this week myself, no Hadji food! Cutting cals next week in prep for warm weather.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #847 on: February 26, 2010, 09:00:34 AM »
forget the salad i want to be the bubbles in the tub...

BigJerm

« Reply #848 on: February 28, 2010, 08:01:18 PM »
1st full week... down 7 lbs from 251 to 244. I suspect most of this to be water and some food weight. I weighed in same time, same scale but last Sunday I was still eating normal so I probably had some extra food weight vs today having just a few fruits in my system. Changes in the mirror, none really yet, will wait for 3 week mark for that. Energy during the day is great, don't even need my pre-workout supplement to be pumped to workout anymore. I can say having the 1 big feast at night is awesome in getting to eat a ton AND not having to worry about meals all day. One thing i have noticed is a problem since I am on a cut... fiber... hard to get in the right amount so I have Fiber One bars (also helps with sweets craving) and just ordered a fiber supp from BB.com

ghostdancer308

« Reply #849 on: March 01, 2010, 09:17:51 AM »
slow getting back into it here, but had a good gym day today. Doing HIIT tonight! 60 days out start cutting calories and running around 15 miles a week.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #850 on: March 04, 2010, 08:51:54 AM »
Jerm, mini triathlon in May. Its the 23rd in Madison. I am prepping for this. Let me know what you think. {toast}

BigJerm

« Reply #851 on: March 04, 2010, 09:43:51 AM »
Details? I am off that weekend!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM