BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morris Mountain January 16-18th 2009 Discussion  (Read 72122 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Morris Mountain January 16-18th 2009 Discussion
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2009, 08:13:09 AM »
Well, I hoped off the fence on this. I will be there either Fri night or early Sat with the dougster. Briggs will be co-piloting. He has been asking alot about when we are going again. Gotta love that!!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2009, 09:57:27 AM »
Well, I hoped off the fence on this. I will be there either Fri night or early Sat with the dougster. Briggs will be co-piloting. He has been asking alot about when we are going again. Gotta love that!!

Awesome! He is the coolest kid I have ever met!  :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
Steve,

the camping area is an open field surrounded by trees on a couple of sides. We try to keep around the trees and if you're getting there on Friday you shouldn't have a problem getting a good spot next to some. Plenty of trails to ride around on. They are mostly "access" trails with all of the harder obstacles off to the side so you shouldn't have to worry about running up on some stuff and turning around.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2009, 10:58:50 AM »
I am a bit rusty since I have not wheeled since November! >:( Lookin forward to a good day on the rocks!

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »
I am a bit rusty since I have not wheeled since November! >:( Lookin forward to a good day on the rocks!
Oct 11 2008 for me not that I am keeping up with it or any thing.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »
i think i remember that day... cant be sure but was that the day where Glen had to be winched up the hill....???

Offline camper

• Visitor
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2009, 12:46:06 PM »
Steve,

the camping area is an open field surrounded by trees on a couple of sides. We try to keep around the trees and if you're getting there on Friday you shouldn't have a problem getting a good spot next to some. Plenty of trails to ride around on. They are mostly "access" trails with all of the harder obstacles off to the side so you shouldn't have to worry about running up on some stuff and turning around.

Well I'm looking forward to whatever excitement I can get into.  In recent years, I've learned to hold my horses till I actually leave my driveway.  But my wife said I could go, and my boss said have fun, and I'm avoiding anyone that sneezes....

I'm probably gonna leave sometime late thursday evening and drive I-75 north.  When I would go to Helen, Dahlonega, or Chatsworth, I could usually make it to Macon by-pass and crash for an hour or two at the rest area.  Then cruise through Atlanta before traffic gets bad.  I'll probably try that this time and hit I-20 west early friday morning.  If I get there ahead of the regulars, I'll go hunt some firewood and screw around till a crowd gathers.  I won't pick a campsite till I meet some of y'all. 

I changed the suspension and tires and stuff over a year ago and my jeep is in good shape and drives the highway pretty nice.  But I haven't loaded it up and driven it quite this far since then.  60 mph and I'm sure it won't be a problem.  For me, just the road trips themselves are a fun break from my middle aged life...

I asked about the soft trails because I haven't really tested my jeep on much...and it's not my nature to talk big.  The florida woods are pretty tame.  But if I learn I can follow some of you to the deep end of the pool, that's where I want to be. 

Steve....'98 TJ sport

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »
camper: if you're gonna go thru macon you could meet up and caravan with us. I think there will be about 6 in the caravan from "middle georgia". We are gonna meet up early afternoon friday in macon and head out from there...
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

mdo817

« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2009, 01:54:48 PM »
i think i remember that day... cant be sure but was that the day where Glen had to be winched up the hill....???
I think he is talking about when I got winched and pulled all over Tellico.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2009, 02:55:25 PM »
Steve,

I'm probably gonna leave sometime late thursday evening and drive I-75 north.  When I would go to Helen, Dahlonega, or Chatsworth, I could usually make it to Macon by-pass and crash for an hour or two at the rest area.  Then cruise through Atlanta before traffic gets bad.  I'll probably try that this time and hit I-20 west early friday morning.  If I get there ahead of the regulars, I'll go hunt some firewood and screw around till a crowd gathers.  I won't pick a campsite till I meet some of y'all. 

I changed the suspension and tires and stuff over a year ago and my jeep is in good shape and drives the highway pretty nice.  But I haven't loaded it up and driven it quite this far since then.  60 mph and I'm sure it won't be a problem.  For me, just the road trips themselves are a fun break from my middle aged life...

Sounds good. I just got back from a round trip between LaGrange, GA and Gainsville, Florida and the time that I spent on 75 (between Tifton and Gainsville) was pretty smooth sailing.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »
I'll be in the pool so you can follow me! We will have fun no matter what! Always do! {toast}

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »
Matt, I'll get Beth to send you the deposit tonight (she is paying for the ride as my birthday present ;D ). BTW, since my birthday is that weekend, if on Saturday night the tents arockin, don't come aknockin' ;)
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM