BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morris Mountain January 16-18th 2009 Discussion  (Read 71862 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Morris Mountain January 16-18th 2009 Discussion
« Reply #408 on: January 14, 2009, 09:26:10 PM »
I watched a ton of video on youtube today. I like to have a heads up on where I am headin!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline camper

• Visitor
« Reply #409 on: January 14, 2009, 09:53:05 PM »
I have to work tomorrow (thursday, normal day) and then I'm off until Tuesday.  I plan to leave later in the evening and take my time.  I just read it's supposed to be 10 degrees before daylight friday.  I might be sitting in a waffle house for a while.

The last few nights, I've been pulling gear out and building a pile in the garage.  Usually when I've loaded up to run up to the local forest, all I need is my tool bag and a small cooler.  The woods here are just soft sand and the chances of snapping an axle or contol arm bracket are not great.  And if I were to have any serious trouble, I have friends only an hour away.  I swap my doors here at home and just run the canvas half doors.  If I camp, I often just string a tarp and camp minimal.  I took my rear seat out not long after I purchased the jeep, so I don't have any problems with the few things I like to take with me.

This trip is a little different.  I planned on trying to bird dog some firewood after I arrive in Alabama, but I'm betting since it's so cold, everybody up there will be looking for wood.  So I bought a good size load of oak and hickory here in town.  If I see someone selling split wood up there, I might get some more.  But at least now I know I can get a fire going friday while I wait for the headliners to show up.   And since this is a lot farther away, I'm going to leave my full doors on for the interstate and swap them when I get to the site.  And since the trail rides appear to be a little tougher....and because it's gonna be colder that an polar bear's ass, I have all this stuff piled up in the garage that I think I "might" like to have with me.  I don't think I can get it all in the jeep.... :P

I'm putting the beer and the fire wood in first, and then whatever else fits is what I'm bringing.   
Steve....'98 TJ sport

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #410 on: January 14, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »
hey Steve they have trees here.... and trees fall all the time....

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »
I have to work tomorrow (thursday, normal day) and then I'm off until Tuesday.  I plan to leave later in the evening and take my time.  I just read it's supposed to be 10 degrees before daylight friday.  I might be sitting in a waffle house for a while.

The last few nights, I've been pulling gear out and building a pile in the garage.  Usually when I've loaded up to run up to the local forest, all I need is my tool bag and a small cooler.  The woods here are just soft sand and the chances of snapping an axle or contol arm bracket are not great.  And if I were to have any serious trouble, I have friends only an hour away.  I swap my doors here at home and just run the canvas half doors.  If I camp, I often just string a tarp and camp minimal.  I took my rear seat out not long after I purchased the jeep, so I don't have any problems with the few things I like to take with me.

This trip is a little different.  I planned on trying to bird dog some firewood after I arrive in Alabama, but I'm betting since it's so cold, everybody up there will be looking for wood.  So I bought a good size load of oak and hickory here in town.  If I see someone selling split wood up there, I might get some more.  But at least now I know I can get a fire going friday while I wait for the headliners to show up.   And since this is a lot farther away, I'm going to leave my full doors on for the interstate and swap them when I get to the site.  And since the trail rides appear to be a little tougher....and because it's gonna be colder that an polar bear's ass, I have all this stuff piled up in the garage that I think I "might" like to have with me.  I don't think I can get it all in the jeep.... :P

I'm putting the beer and the fire wood in first, and then whatever else fits is what I'm bringing. 

Good to pack important things first! As for the rest. Bring what you want but with all of us we will have whatever is missing! We come pretty prepared! I have a small stack of wood that has been drying for a year so it should burn. Gonna be cold but I think it will be no window, which is a major plus!!

TheSouthernBird

« Reply #412 on: January 15, 2009, 05:18:29 AM »
wished my rig was ready :-\..
hope ya'll have a good time & stay warm.. its going to be awful cold this weekend....

I have several big loads of dry seasoned fire wood on the lot & ready to go if anyone local needs any to take with them.. will give forum members the family discount..lol   ;D

Doug
(706)-654-3917

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #413 on: January 15, 2009, 08:47:27 AM »
You are close to me. I am in Winder. I need to come get some wood for home!

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #414 on: January 15, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »
What is today? Thursday? Damn... Really REALLY want to play with the new tires.

Also, could I by chance use someone's camp stove while we're there?  I'll bring my own propane tank, of course. Steph hasn't used her stove in a while and it might not be in  working order...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #415 on: January 15, 2009, 08:50:19 AM »
I bet Mike will be the only one with a stove. I could bring my pocket rocket but it is a bit small for anything big.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER

Daniel

« Reply #417 on: January 15, 2009, 09:12:31 AM »
Hey!.... tomorrow!  Then it's on!  This is gonna be good.  I'm officially in Morris Mountain mode now. 

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #418 on: January 15, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »
What is today? Thursday? Damn... Really REALLY want to play with the new tires.

Also, could I by chance use someone's camp stove while we're there?  I'll bring my own propane tank, of course. Steph hasn't used her stove in a while and it might not be in  working order...

I am bringing a grill, what you plan on cooking?

There better be a fire waiting on me when I show up fri.  :D

Ive been in morris mode for days. Daniel we got to get the stuff packed tonight. You realize that right.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #419 on: January 15, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
I don't really know yet.  I just want a nice hot meal for dinner if it's going to be nice and cold.  If anyone would be interested I could cook up some spaghetti en mass.

Oh, does Morris Mountain have places to pull off the sides of the trails?  I'm going to try and bring the old video camera since I don't have any video of my Jeep and I might as well just record everything. lol

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM