BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morris Mountain January 16-18th 2009 Discussion  (Read 71796 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Morris Mountain January 16-18th 2009 Discussion
« Reply #528 on: January 17, 2009, 09:41:12 PM »
Well, this trip was great. We had some ups and some downs, but overall this was just an awesome ride. Glad all the new people made it out. Hope everyone had a good time, stayed warm enough (I didnt) and enjoyed the food. Calvin & Lizzy won the raffle. Hard to get everyone together for that. I didnt get as many pictures as I should have.

My jeep sucks until I get tires, that all I got to say there.

BTW everybody that showed this weekend should have a new trail badge under there profile. Lets see who gets all 12 for 2009  ;)

Also if anyoned picked up a Vegum hockey puck around the rock garden it belongs to me!

The Amp buggy belongs to Brian. We had three new members in buggies too, they were all super nice rigs.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #529 on: January 18, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »
I had to leave early on Saturday and get back for my sister's pageant. I just got in and it's midnight. Had an awesome time as always guys! except Friday night.... my lord it was cold!!! The mud sucked, but after the whole Jeep is coated you can kind of have fun in it. At least we got plenty of stuck of the month candidate pics  {letseat}

I love 35s  ;D  My 8.8 didn't hang up once.

Hey Matt, did they rear driveshaft give you any vibs?

Another great ride guys. Let's keep 'em coming! But we can ditch thta whole 12 degree thing at Morris Mountain.  :o

One more thing guys, Kyle's dog, Razz, was hit and killed by a truck on Henry Davis Road that runs mext to the park on Friday night. We burried her there that night. Kyle took it like a champ, but I know that he really loved that dog.

Kyle, I'm sorry man. Let us know if there's anything we can do. And for the rest of GATR, this guy is gonna need a new tire since he shlashed a sidewall today. He has 31x10.5x15 Maxxis Buckshots. So be on the lookout, or for any good deals on tires. I'm sure he's gonna be looking for some soon.

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #530 on: January 18, 2009, 12:15:28 AM »
We made it back about 6 this evening, and I think I've just about thawed out now. We had a great time wheelin with ya'll this weekend... it was great to meet everyone and put names with faces. I'll put up our pictures tomorrow--we've got a lot, and they're pretty high-res. At any rate, had an awesome time, and can't wait till next time.

P.S. I hate mud.
98 XJ

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #531 on: January 18, 2009, 07:37:36 AM »
At least we got plenty of stuck of the month candidate pics

I think the giant cluster fuck of stuck Jeeps should be the stuck of the month, lol.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #532 on: January 18, 2009, 08:26:31 AM »
had a blast this weekend, fellas.  I realized just before I left last night that I bent my tie rod pretty good.  Add that to a dented rear passenger corner and a flat bumper cap getting ripped off and I've got some things to remember MM by  ;D. 

Nice meeting those of you that I met for the first time, and good to finally get back out with the club.  My condolences also go out to Kyle, sorry that happened, man. 
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #533 on: January 18, 2009, 09:18:26 AM »
Well it was a fun Saturday.  No damage here so all and all it was a great Saturday.

Thanks for the hot dogs and hamburgers!
We hit some really nice kind of nasty rock climbs when Ben,Doug Seth and I went back out. Seth's girlfriend shot some pictures can't wait to see them. I will post my pictures later. I have a few Rum & Cokes I need to hammer down.

I thought we went over this, I'm T.J.  ::) Old people...  Seth (Sasquatch) is the one with the new kid.  Seth's wife might not like finding out about this girlfriend either.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:31:58 AM by wtheonew »

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #534 on: January 18, 2009, 09:51:04 AM »
Well it was a fun Saturday.  No damage here so all and all it was a great Saturday.

Thanks for the hot dogs and hamburgers!
We hit some really nice kind of nasty rock climbs when Ben,Doug Seth and I went back out. Seth's girlfriend shot some pictures can't wait to see them. I will post my pictures later. I have a few Rum & Cokes I need to hammer down.

I thought we went over this, I'm T.J.  ::) Old people...  Seth (Sasquatch) is the one with the new kid.  Seth's wife might not like finding out about this girlfriend either.

OUCH! Seth with the Hummer was also stuck while all this happened I think. I am suprised but I remember everybodys names out there. I guess I am a loser!

Any rate. I am kinda disappointed in the jeep and not getting much pictures. No noticeable vibes from the driveshaft, but the muffler rattle is pretty annoying. I got to get some tires in a bad way.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #535 on: January 18, 2009, 09:52:15 AM »
we need pics!  I'm an idiot and forgot a camera....
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #536 on: January 18, 2009, 10:28:16 AM »
we need pics!  I'm an idiot and forgot a camera....

x2 on both accounts. Has anyone talked to Mike or G today?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #537 on: January 18, 2009, 10:45:07 AM »
I am back in. Got home around 9 after getting my daughter from grandmas. I would have posted last night but I am still beat. That was a long ride home. No serious damage on my rig other than slashing a tire on destabilizer right b4 heading home. >:( >:( and of course it was the newer tire I just replaced from tellico a few months back! Dang it! It was interesting having a 10.50 and a 12.50 rear tire on the way home. Swayed a bit. :D I have pics but no freakin cord. My wife has the other camera with her so once she is home I will swap cards over and post. Did anybody get pics of me doing the good, bad or ugly?? Oh yeah, Will... your trail leading privelages have been revoked! Man, what a cluster F!!! We found some great trails on the GOOD side of the mountain late in the day. Lots of great rocky climbs! I can't wait to see some pics!!! As always I had a blast and thanks to MikeL for the room in the camper! ;)
I've grown tired of this.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #538 on: January 18, 2009, 10:53:35 AM »
 I need pics to look at!
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK