BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Are you social?  (Read 1452 times)

BigJerm

Are you social?
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
Are you? Me, not so much. I mean I like hanging out with a small group of folks, maybe watching a game, sitting around a camp fire, sitting at a bar but man I HATE parties! O I cannot stand to go to them anymore or go out with large number groups to bars especially when I don’t know most of the people. I guess I find most people my age annoying because they are immature or the carefree attitude because mom and dad still take care of them at age 25 really chaps my ass. Megan doesn’t like it because she is a go out kind of person so once a month or so she drags me out somewhere (like tonight). The rest of the time she just goes with friends.

Just thought I would share this, I am bored, its moving day at the office and phones, faxes and printers are already offline.

urdaddyjeep

Re: Are you social?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »
if i looked like you i would hate to go out too.. hahahaha,,..... but i dont mind going out just never do it anymore

ghostdancer308

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »
Let her go out by herself! Trust me, if this is a problem, her going out without you, than it won't work in the long run! Mine use to bartend, believe me, I know how it feels at first. But if you trust them(which you should only trust you to begin with and your parents next) there should'nt be a problem with this. Work can't be the only time you have away from eachother. You will end up smothering eachother. Go out with your old buddies and meet up with her somewhere or DD for her and the girls. Trust me, if your going out and not having a goodtime, she will know! As for maturity, hell I was out last summerand watched so 50 year olds duke it out. Over what? Because one told the other how to raise their kids. Bottomline, if you don't want to go than don't. I am not a bar hopper anymore either. But I do it with close friends, maybe once a month. Other than that, its at a buddies house for dinner and drinks and in bed by 4am!!!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 02:59:51 PM »
light weight... i dont turn in till 0600 when i go out partying...hahaha

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 03:23:15 PM »
Depends. Sometimes I love to go the bar and fight the crowds to shout an order over blaring music for a couple of $3 beers. Sometimes I just like to hang out and my friends' apartment and tell lies over a $3 six pack. Just depends on the mood I am in.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BigJerm

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 05:25:55 PM »
haha Glenn trust me, no issue with her going out on her own and I prefer it so I don't have to go! I just hate the whole social scene thing I guess. Like when I go to parties and friends are there we usually end up on a deck or something just hanging out drinking. Like tonight... Christmas party.... blah but tomorrow some old friends found me on Face Book and we are going to a bar to hangout for a bit and I look forward to it.

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:47:37 PM »
I like to meet new people but not a whole room full at once, and usually in a casual environment. Clubs are to chaotic for me sometimes. It kinda works for me that there arent any in the area. We usually meet a few new people every month at our 3rd saturday potluck. Good enough for me. Thats usually the only night of the month that I actually have more than one or two good drinks.  {toast}

Work can't be the only time you have away from eachother. You will end up smothering eachother.

My wife and I must be an absolute aberration....we worked together for 7 years at our last business...not shoulder to shoulder all day but we easily saw each other a dozen times during the work day. We both miss that aspect now....and lunch breaks were a lot more fun.  I dont think that any of our couple friends spent that much time together. Worked for us.
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
It's a guy thing, I'm not social either.
bolt-ons suck

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 09:35:38 PM »
same. i like to hang back and observe i guess?
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 09:47:52 PM »
Nope.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 09:48:06 PM »
I would much rather hang out with a small group than a big party..there are just way too many things going on when you get too many people together..

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »
I hate the party scene. Never into it. But all women like to go out and have a good time. So I go when necessary. I dont mind talking to people...mature people that is.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM