BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: In World News Today...  (Read 1180 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: In World News Today...
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 04:17:57 PM »
We're not sure it talks yet.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »
 {nln}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Daniel

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 10:09:41 PM »
I might have to jump on Will's side here.  It seems Ben's an alright fella until you start with the CBs.  Then he'll start bashing you 'cause you sound like an adult from Charlie Brown or just bash you because you can reply now.  C'mon Ben, what gives?  Stop trying to keep us down man... we're all wheelers here.  It hurts... you cut me deep.   ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:28 PM »
I might have to jump on Will's side here.  It seems Ben's an alright fella until you start with the CBs.  Then he'll start bashing you 'cause you sound like an adult from Charlie Brown or just bash you because you can reply now.  C'mon Ben, what gives?  Stop trying to keep us down man... we're all wheelers here.  It hurts... you cut me deep.   ;D

And who started the whole "if you can't reply you're gay" thing?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Daniel

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 10:12:39 PM »
Ummm... just for the sake of not having to look it up, I'm gonna go with.... JIMMY!!! 

Shut up!   ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »
Here's a hint... starts with D and ends with aniel ;)
- Jimmy

Daniel

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 10:16:44 PM »
Here's a hint... starts with D and ends with aniel ;)

Hmm... I'm still not sure... I'm just gonna go with Jimmy as the answer on this one cause I know that it was funny.  I had a good laugh out of that day.   ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:57 PM »
Hmm... I'm still not sure... I'm just gonna go with Jimmy as the answer on this one cause I know that it was funny.  I had a good laugh out of that day.   ;D

LOL it sucked knowing I couldn't respond. Its ok though, we do it to Will now.
- Jimmy

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 10:27:52 PM »
Not anymore punk!
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 01:04:47 AM »

Good to hear, but you know what they say....
 needpics

Well, upon request, here they are. Ignore the carnage on the corner if you can  ;D

And here's some random pics I took while I had the camera at the shop today. I painted 35 of these:

Took me an hour just to mask off the stainless stuff, and hardware that doesn't get painted on this filtration system. Tomorrow morning I will continue the prep work for paint, which includes a complete whipe down of every metal surface with lacquer thinner and some scuffing on various stuff. That will take me a good 2 hours. This is one of the smaller ones we paint for Kaydon Custom Filtration Corp. I'll try to get a picture of one of the big ones. This oil filter system is going to Caterpillar and will be painted in their mustard yellow color with a chemical resistant epoxy.

Hope you enjoy. I gotta find a pic of one of the big ones. Some of the stuff we paint is really impressive.

This past summer, actually, we got done doing this system that filters the lube oil for the ball bearings of the turbine shafts in the Yellow River Damn in China. They're the biggest rotating shafts in the world. Each of the balls in the ball bearing measures something ridiculous. If I'm not mistaken each one is 10 ft in diameter  :o  Needless to say, the system that filters the oil is pretty big too and it's all packed on one skid  :-X  well there's one for each turbine. We painted a few.

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 08:04:43 AM »
Dang that thing is close to the body, which makes it harder to get your SWR down.  Have you tuned it yet?  What's the SWR?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »
Dang that thing is close to the body, which makes it harder to get your SWR down.  Have you tuned it yet?  What's the SWR?

It's grounded to the body. I haven't tuned it yet, but it's already got pretty good range. When Mike and I first threw it on, we mounted it behing the tail light on the other cornre of the Jeep, to the body, and it was 1.2
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM