BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: In World News Today...  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: In World News Today...
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 09:35:15 AM »
Daniel, I have learned to forgive and forget. I forget already!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:21 AM »
Dang that thing is close to the body, which makes it harder to get your SWR down.  Have you tuned it yet?  What's the SWR?

It's grounded to the body. I haven't tuned it yet, but it's already got pretty good range. When Mike and I first threw it on, we mounted it behing the tail light on the other cornre of the Jeep, to the body, and it was 1.2

Sounds like it's going to work great.  Can you fab me up a CB mount like yours?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »
Dang that thing is close to the body, which makes it harder to get your SWR down.  Have you tuned it yet?  What's the SWR?

It's grounded to the body. I haven't tuned it yet, but it's already got pretty good range. When Mike and I first threw it on, we mounted it behing the tail light on the other cornre of the Jeep, to the body, and it was 1.2

Yeah, it wouldn't be a problem. Do you still have those plastic corner guards on the back? All I did for that is remove the plastic license plate bracket and bolted a piece of stainless between the license plate and the body. I didn't do anything to the nutsert in the body or anything. No holes to drill in the body, just one in the license plate. We'll see how good it works after I get a hold of my SWR this weekend.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Daniel

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »
Daniel, I have learned to forgive and forget. I forget already!

Is that good or bad?  I mean, I was the one getting ridiculed.  ;D

I'm just kiddin'.  I don't know what my CB is up to nowadays.  I haven't used it in a long time.  I know I need to fine tune it and all because it never has been.  I got it out of the box and right into the truck.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »

Yeah, it wouldn't be a problem. Do you still have those plastic corner guards on the back? All I did for that is remove the plastic license plate bracket and bolted a piece of stainless between the license plate and the body. I didn't do anything to the nutsert in the body or anything. No holes to drill in the body, just one in the license plate. We'll see how good it works after I get a hold of my SWR this weekend.

Quote box got ya bad!  I want the bracket that holds your CB on the windshield overhead!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »

Quote box got ya bad!  I want the bracket that holds your CB on the windshield overhead!

Damn you quote box! Damn you!

Yeah that's no problem. I'll find something good and bring it to Morris Mountain. We can run the wire cable back through the roll bar padding. It wouldns't take that long either. We can do it when we have a little down time at MM. It's gonna cost you a beer though.  {toast}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 04:50:08 PM »
Or a shot of crown, whatever you've got on ya  :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »
Or a shot of crown, whatever you've got on ya  :D

I don't leave home without it.   {toast} {letseat} %)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM