BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Just a Couple of JK's Killing Time  (Read 4180 times)

urdaddyjeep

Re: Just a Couple of JK's Killing Time
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »
got your last min kinda thing.... :bs)   ;D

Diehard

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
No one has asked the all important question....is it a LEGAL place to ride???

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 10:42:56 AM »
well even though i wasnt THERE... i bet you it was.. Glen and MIkeL arent the type to just go where ever... and if they did I dont think they would have posted pics and such... i understand that they werent smart enough to call me..( this being Glens chance to get back at me) and didnt take it.. so all I have to say is  {nln} ... and I dont need no stinkin lockers....  ;D

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »

x2

Also I see your avatar there Vince. Looks like you been holding out on us with all the work youve done to the Grand. Hows about some big pictures!
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

RotorHead

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 11:25:54 AM »

Good question. As far as I can tell from research and talking to several people, it is. It boarders a rock quarry and rides along some power lines. I know power lines are usually off limits and I was skeptical.

I had a couple of guys tell me about it while I was at River Rock. They said they've camped out there and everything. I asked if it was legal and they said they've been going for years and even wheeled with cops.

The first time I went, I checked really close for signs at the entrance and the only signs I could find said no digging. The trails looked well traveled so I ventured in and saw about 10 other rigs. Everybody I talked to said the cops never mess with anybody.

Does that mean it's legal. I don't know. Probably not, but the big question is whether the local authorities care.  

The trail head is on Union Grove Road. We probably need to do some more research to find out for sure about it's legality. Maybe I can call the city of Lithonia or something.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 12:17:44 PM »
Juat ask who owns the property, and contact them.

A lot of people have huge misconceptions about offroading. A few weeks ago the fire marshall came to River Rock and told Steve he was shutting the place down and wouldn't allow anymore vehicles to travel there on STEVE's land. After talking to the guy for awhile Steve found out that he had a complete misunderstanding of what most of us like to do. He had apparently heard that it was a mud bog and blah, blah, blah.

So Steve managed to turn him around and I think the guy is gonna come riding or something  :D

But city officials can be pretty stuck up about this crap and very quick to pull the trigger on enforcing the place as trespassing. Let's see if we can find out who owns the place first. I talkde to the same guy at River Rock who Livingston mentioned and it seems like they have had no problems for years.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »
i would like to see someone come and tell me what i can and cant do with my own land... what i do is between me and my ins company and lawyers.... the hell with the fire marshall bill and the food inspector.. if i want to open my land up to a bunch of nudist who is going to stop me,,, if i want to open my land up to a bunch of tree huggers who is going to stop me.. if i open my land up to the 4wheel comm.. everyone tries to stop me.. if i open it up to a bunch of gun nuts.. here comes the ATF,FBI,CIA,OBGYN,ASAP,GOV, and anyone else that has INTITALs for a name..  {nln} what i do with my land is my thing..

{btt}

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 02:30:35 PM »
Jealous! I was at work >:( Need to check that little place out. Those are often more fun than actual parks! Glen, good to see the black gucci JK back on the trail again! Mike, Glen, you better be at MM next weekend. I am in fo sho!
I've grown tired of this.

RotorHead

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
Jealous! I was at work >:( Need to check that little place out. Those are often more fun than actual parks! Glen, good to see the black gucci JK back on the trail again! Mike, Glen, you better be at MM next weekend. I am in fo sho!

Cool, glad you're gonna make it. I'll be there.  {toast}

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 04:42:13 PM »
i would like to see someone come and tell me what i can and cant do with my own land... what i do is between me and my ins company and lawyers.... the hell with the fire marshall bill and the food inspector.. if i want to open my land up to a bunch of nudist who is going to stop me,,, if i want to open my land up to a bunch of tree huggers who is going to stop me.. if i open my land up to the 4wheel comm.. everyone tries to stop me.. if i open it up to a bunch of gun nuts.. here comes the ATF,FBI,CIA,OBGYN,ASAP,GOV, and anyone else that has INTITALs for a name..  {nln} what i do with my land is my thing..

{btt}

The main thing that they're gonna get Steve for will be the river. They find something to complain about. Look at Tellico and Morris Mountain.

Anyways, back to topic, let's find out who owns this place.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline jeepinjon

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 10:10:02 AM »
I've been to this place a few times in the past and mentioned it here a year or so ago.  It's one of those places that's not posted for no trespassing but I don't know how legal it is either.  I too have known people who have wheeled there for 10 years and never had a problem.  Some of my friends even park tow rigs and trailers near the paved road under the big power line tower.  Last time I passed by there appeared to be some kind of developement going on part of the property which I heard rumors of it being a school.  Again, I don't know the legality of it, but I nor anyone I know has never had any problems there.
1977 CJ5

RotorHead

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 02:18:36 PM »
Thanks for the info Jon. They are developing something at one end of it. The guys I talked to said they usually stay clear of that area when people are working, but said they have come in contact with them and they didn't seem to care.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM