BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durahmtown ORP Feb. 21 Ride #2 Discussion  (Read 39573 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Durahmtown ORP Feb. 21 Ride #2 Discussion
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »
If you all go back with hb_hound you will think differently about the park as he tends to make his own trails out there. But also don't be confused, it's not RR, at least not yet!!!!!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2009, 09:26:02 PM »
where you and I can BOTH have exactly what we want, on the same trail with bypasses,

And you can watch us break stuff!   :hlp

Offline hb_hound

• Visitor
« Reply #314 on: February 28, 2009, 09:28:17 PM »
If you all go back with hb_hound you will think differently about the park as he tends to make his own trails out there. But also don't be confused, it's not RR, at least not yet!!!!!
;D but only with permission.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2009, 09:34:56 PM »
snap crackle pop ;D
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

jmcdonou

« Reply #316 on: March 01, 2009, 11:47:45 AM »
How is the plantation in a Jeep? We go on the dirtbikes and its great.  I haven't gotten a chance to check it out in a 4x4

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #317 on: March 01, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »
How is the plantation in a Jeep? We go on the dirtbikes and its great.  I haven't gotten a chance to check it out in a 4x4

LAME.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Daniel

« Reply #318 on: March 01, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »
I would gladly pick 5 or more lines on that "little patch of rock" that you would not get up.There are also some hill climbs that I would love to see you try (wet or dry).  Sounds like the group that went did not make it to see some of the better obstacles.  I'm not saying that it's a Tellico but there are things there for every type of rig.  Remember this is a new park with an owner that is willing to work with the 4x4 groups to make it better.

I don't remember saying that I could climb any line on those rocks either.  I didn't say I was a rock hopper.  So pick all the lines you want, but I'm not one to fold under peer pressure meaning that I'm not going to risk my truck for the sake of your enjoyment.  And as for the hill climbs..... where were they??  We rode a pretty good bit of that place (I thought) and there was nothing there that would make me want to return to that place.  I'm not bashing the owner, I think it's great that there's some place that we can wheel with these off-road parks getting fewer and more scarce, I welcome them.  But there's other places I'd rather spend $20. 

Offline LEEREED123

• Visitor
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2009, 12:28:06 PM »
I haven't posted here in a while. (been lurking)
I was up there the same weekend as you guys. I go quite a bit. and I just wanted to give you guys some inside info on the place. Mike, the owner opend the 4x4 trails a little while ago and really didn't know what people wanted. We have had quite a few talks about what to do to improve it. he is willing to do whatever people want to improve the place. I've given him ALOT of info and he's been visiting other parks to see what he can add. if you give it about 1 year, he will have MUCH more extreme stuff.
It will never compare to Tellico, but he is trying to make it better.
If you have any suggestions, just let him know!
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-door
2.5" Rough Country lift
Crager Soft 8 rims and 33" MTZ's (soon 36" Iroks)

Mudding is like sex
you see the hole
you think about it
you slowly ease into it
once you're in you tear it up

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »
check this out... Tellico is lame compared to the Rubi Trail... the Rubi Trail is lame cmpared to the Andes trail... give it time guys.. damn look how long it took Jerm to get a lift.. he jeep was lame.. and still kinda lame.. ;D  I havent been to either tellico or d-town but i am not going to bash it just cause it didnt have 500miles of nothing but rocks to climb.. i know if i was the owner of d-town and heard that such and such club was bashing me i wont let them come back ever.. even after i spent tons of money to make it the best place in north america to ride.. that club wouldnt be allowed to come back..

I for one would like to say sorry to Mike and all the rest of the people of D-town for what this club has said about your park. I understand that Rome was not built in a day and would like to come out and see your park one weekend soon.. and if by chance you ask me what could be done to the park I would tell you that I may not be the right person to ask cause I am not a hard core rock climber.. But again Mike and to all those of D-town I am sorry for the comments made by this club.. we should have said it a different way other then " Lame, a waste of time, etc" should have said something like it is a work in progress and cant wait to see it when he is finished..

Mike

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »
mike d/leereed:

i know we have been bashing d-town alot since the ride...but if you look back in this thread it has been said several times that we all think that this place has ALOT of potential.

I cant wait to see what this place grows into...I know it will be an awesome offroad park one day, it just isnt there yet.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2009, 12:56:18 PM »
wtf does this mean??  mike d/leereed:  ???

that is like me saying that your such the fukin nerd but i think i might llike you better sometime in the future... please...

ghostdancer308

« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2009, 01:03:30 PM »
SSG, shut the F**k up! Jeez. There is 22 pages of meaningless crap on this place. Bottomline, not on your high priority list of return. Period. If the guy who owns the place than contact him and leave your suggestions with him. I have never been but I have a buddy that speaks highly of it. Why, because he rides 4 wheelers there. The webpage should have clarified this for you guys. Dewild, get some lockers and go to Tellico. But to compare the places in question with the other, is BS!! With that being said, how do you improve D-town? I know MikeL has had a talk with the owner. How open is the owner to suggestion? How long to see plans for change and progress? I see a bunch of talk and not 1 person has shown effort in making this a place they would like to comeback and ride. So, we have 22 pages of BS and bashing? F**k, put it behind you! I need a beer! {popcorn}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM