BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durahmtown ORP Feb. 21 Ride #2 Discussion  (Read 40465 times)

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
Re: Durahmtown ORP Feb. 21 Ride #2 Discussion
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
and the k-5's door that lost a battle with a tree.

but yeah, i dont plan on ever goin back there. it was pretty effing lame. dirt roads and lots of mud.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

BigJerm

« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2009, 07:37:48 PM »
Man I really thought this place was going to be more... Guess I am glad I didn't make the trip out there today.

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »
Pictures? I am surprised to hear this, I thought that place was supposed to be pretty good.
Semper Fi

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2009, 08:54:52 PM »
Sory I didn't make just cause I enjoy you guys.  Sorry to hear about the carnage mark, but sounds like fun!.

I have only heard it's a cool place for wheeling from stockers that have been, and have never seen the likes of River Rock, Morris Mountain, or Tellico.  I didn't want to miss a GATR ride this year.  Oh well.  I do think it's a worthy 2nd ride some month for our more stock members that love to camp, and might even tow the 4-wheeler behind the 4x4. 

Had the 44 finished last night and went to install the drive shaft and found a broken yoke ear.  WTF?

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2009, 09:44:28 PM »
Indeed pretty fun for the stockers.  A little too much mud for my liking tough (There goes another $15 at the car wash), and part of the fun for me is watching the big guys go over the stuff I can't (which doesn't exist that much there). And to give a rough estimate of the difficulty, I was in second gear without pressing the gas over most of the obstacles.  Just a few mud holes that took a little extra go.

Scratched my door right after I put it on towards the end of the day  >:(

forgot: there were some hill climbs that would test any vehicle out there.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:46:46 PM by wtheonew »

mdo817

« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »
The fellowship was great. Carnage not to bad, it can be summed up as a "Nut Loose between steering wheel and seat" but I did make a mental note that rotten stumps aren't always as they appear. I must give thanks Alex and his Dad for jumping in and getting a trail fix that got me back to the trailer. I think the only other carnage that wasn't listed was the K5 blew a locking hup on his axle also. Will would have rode all day with a stiffy because of the mud (LOL). I think I took like 3 pictures, there just wasn't anything worth shooting. I did enjoy playing in the rock garden at the spot I parked my truck. I should have let you out Jimmy to shoot some pictures there.

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »
I still want to make a trip there to check it out so let me know if anyone goes up there again.
Semper Fi

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2009, 11:16:03 PM »
I must give thanks Alex and his Dad for jumping in and getting a trail fix that got me back to the trailer.

Gald to hear it all worked out.   {toast} to Alex and Pop!

I still want to make a trip there to check it out so let me know if anyone goes up there again.

You will want to make the River Rock ride.  It's a little closer to you too @ Milledgeville.  I'd be happy to draw ya a Google map.  ;)

Offline flagators

• Visitor
    • The Odams
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2009, 10:19:03 AM »
It was good meeting everyone.  It was a little cold camping out Friday night especially in a hammock.  Can't wait for the next ride.

Shannon

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »
I must give thanks Alex and his Dad for jumping in and getting a trail fix that got me back to the trailer.

You will want to make the River Rock ride.  It's a little closer to you too @ Milledgeville.  I'd be happy to draw ya a Google map.  ;)

I have already been to river rock but thanks for the navigation offer lol
Semper Fi

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2009, 11:09:54 AM »

I have already been to river rock but thanks for the navigation offer lol

Awesome.  Hope to see you there in March.  Sounds like everything I'd heard ws true about Durhamtown, and it's sorta like the dirt road entrance at River Rock.   :D

albert

« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »
I am with everyone else, will not be going back.   After most people left we ran out 5 (i think) and it was a little more fun.   nice to meet everyone

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM