BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durahmtown ORP Feb. 21 Ride #2 Discussion  (Read 39658 times)

mdo817

Re: Durahmtown ORP Feb. 21 Ride #2 Discussion
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »
Is that the one that is right on the main road? We saw that and I was wanting to go up there but I broke my Jeep before we made it. If that's the one on the main road it looks a lot better in the pictures than it does from the road. I would like to give that a run. Maybe I will go back.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »
Where the eff was that trail? lol
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Daniel

« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »

I'm thinkin' that was that little patch of rocks right off the side of the main road.  The pics do look better than the actual thing.  When you're standing in front of it, it looks nothing like that.  Someone has been doing some photoshop...  :D

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2009, 12:27:51 PM »
I know you guys slammed Durhamtown but we are going to be putting together a group to go up there and have some fun on the trails, maybe even this Saturday.
If anyone changes their mind and wants to join us let me know and we can meet up.
Semper Fi

Daniel

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »
For a change of pavement, it's ok.  But for rock climbing, hill climbing.. that kinda stuff it's disappointed very well.  And for $20...

If you go, have fun though.  Watch out for "Monster Mountain"

Offline hb_hound

• Visitor
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2009, 04:39:08 PM »
I'm thinkin' that was that little patch of rocks right off the side of the main road.  The pics do look better than the actual thing.  When you're standing in front of it, it looks nothing like that.  Someone has been doing some photoshop...  :D
I would gladly pick 5 or more lines on that "little patch of rock" that you would not get up.
There are also some hill climbs that I would love to see you try (wet or dry).  Sounds like the group that went did not make it to see some of the better obstacles.  I'm not saying that it's a Tellico but there are things there for every type of rig.  Remember this is a new park with an owner that is willing to work with the 4x4 groups to make it better.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:44:20 PM by hb_hound »

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2009, 05:03:36 PM »
 I am realizing that while I like you guys a lot, I do not have the same interests as many of you here. I am not looking to rock climb and do boulder bashing, after racing motorcycle for a while I want to do something less stressful now and more based on fun with friends.
I am thinking camping out, trail riding and having fun.... I don't need crazy obstacles or huge rock gardens. Other people I have met love Durhamtown, they spoke highly of the owner etc. I'm looking forward to going there, maybe even this Saturday.
I guess it's just all about what you like.
I guess I have it easy in that sense as I will be pleased visiting most places with my friends.
To each his own, and while I like you guys and still want to ride with you guys and BS on here, I'm going in a totally different direction than most of you as far as wheeling interests but it's all good.  {toast}
Semper Fi

Offline RamIt

• Visitor
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »
The hill climbs were good there,no one stoped to do them i thought it was fun and would love to do it again....
1997 Dodge Ram single cab sort bed
3 inch lift
Rancho shocks
Grill gaurd
KC baja lights
35 TSL SS
American racing wheels
Redneck CAI

Offline flagators

• Visitor
    • The Odams
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2009, 07:28:19 PM »
Let me know when you guys want to go again.  I will go.  I enjoyed it. 

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2009, 07:46:24 PM »
I am realizing that while I like you guys a lot, I do not have the same interests as many of you here. I am not looking to rock climb and do boulder bashing, after racing motorcycle for a while I want to do something less stressful now and more based on fun with friends.
I am thinking camping out, trail riding and having fun.... I don't need crazy obstacles or huge rock gardens. Other people I have met love Durhamtown, they spoke highly of the owner etc. I'm looking forward to going there, maybe even this Saturday.
I guess it's just all about what you like.
I guess I have it easy in that sense as I will be pleased visiting most places with my friends.
To each his own, and while I like you guys and still want to ride with you guys and BS on here, I'm going in a totally different direction than most of you as far as wheeling interests but it's all good.  {toast}

Hey, please don't feel like you don't belong here, because there are a lot of guys just like you here.  Heck, I started that way too, and progressed with the challenges, and the mod's, and what I really like to do.  But.... I also like to hang out with the off-road/ out doors crowd, ride forest roads, camp (when it's warm) and drink Crown Royal by the fire.   There are some "heavy duty outdoorsmen" here.   (Not me  ;) )

We always plan our rides with stock to mod in mind.  I think some of the guys were expecting just a little more at Durhamtown, and in time, maybe it will be the premier place in middle GA. 

Durhamtown just isn't worth the fee to me right now, as I can go to another park where you and I can BOTH have exactly what we want, on the same trail with bypasses, so please come to some of the other ORV parks with us.  I'm glad you're here, and look forward to riding with you.

{toast}

BigJerm

« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2009, 08:05:48 PM »
Yeah normally we break into groups and the smaller vehicles go one way and the big guys go another way. Sometimes I lead the small group  ;D

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2009, 08:42:01 PM »
 I'm not going anywhere, I'm sticking around. There are a good group of people here.  {salute}
Semper Fi

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM