BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Capabilities  (Read 1054 times)

Offline RamIt

• Visitor
Capabilities
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »
I have a Dodge ram mods in my avatar.  Most of the trails you guys ride can i keep up without tearing my truck to shreds.  just curious cause i would love to ride at different places.
1997 Dodge Ram single cab sort bed
3 inch lift
Rancho shocks
Grill gaurd
KC baja lights
35 TSL SS
American racing wheels
Redneck CAI

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Capabilities
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »
If you have 4 wheel drive, you can pretty much go to any of the offroad parks we go to and have a good time. Durahmtown, where we'll be going to in February, seems to be one of the milder places and is a good place to start riding with us. Whenever we have a large group riding we will split into groups by your vehicle's capabilities and driving experience. A lot of us are into rock crawling, but even at the parks like River Rock and Morris Mountain, there are bypasses around the big stuff and plenty of moderate trails for the stock-mild rigs. There's mud at most of these places too if you like mud.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline RamIt

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »
Ya its 4x4 and pretty capable.  It can flex pretty well saying that i put the lift on myself.  I am going to durhamtown in febuary to.. cant wait..

thanks
3 inch lift
Rancho shocks
Grill gaurd
KC baja lights
35 TSL SS
American racing wheels
Redneck CAI

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »
Ya its 4x4 and pretty capable.  It can flex pretty well saying that i put the lift on myself.  I am going to durhamtown in febuary to.. cant wait..

thanks

yeah man, come on out. You'll have a great time. The private parks like this have bypasses cut for all of the crazy stuff, so you can pick what you want to try.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

IFSSUX

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
do you care about body damage?? if so then dont take it on the trails. even if they seem mild you are bound to slip up and get some scratches and dings from trees.

Offline RamIt

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:39 PM »
i dont want any trees through the body but scratches and dings dont bother me.. i got a couple of those
3 inch lift
Rancho shocks
Grill gaurd
KC baja lights
35 TSL SS
American racing wheels
Redneck CAI

albert

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 10:06:53 PM »
I say take it out and have fun.   
If you are real scared of body damage stay at home, but if you don't mind whatever happens, have fun and ride.  Keep in mind your wheel base is a lot longer and you truck is wider than most of the rigs, so tighter trails with a lot of turns may be more difficult to avoid damage. but like everyone else says, most of the trails have bypasses.

I have been to a lot of the parks in the southeast on 31's and still had fun.  The bypasses, that are easy for the big boys, can be your playground.

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »
I'm scared of body damage, but if I do take some then that's how it goes.  This is a good group to ride with in terms of there being very little peer pressure to take obstacles that you're uncomfortable with.  You'll find yourself pushing it a little harder then you like, but generally (for me anyways) that is still short of any real damage.

I'm a stock JK, there are a few stockish TJs also, and the damage is generally confined to tires and superficial scratches.

mdo817

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »
Well said Seth, I mean TJ. ;D

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »
Not saying they wont poke fun though.  {:CH}  ;D

mdo817

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 12:04:22 AM »
I had it coming. {hardlaugh}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 07:42:02 AM »
Build it, drive it, break it, re-build it, drive it, break it, re-build it, drive it, break it...................................................... ;D {toast}
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM