BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico  (Read 757 times)

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
Tellico
« on: February 22, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »
 What's the deal with this place? The pics I see look awesome, but when I google it everything I find makes it look like it's closed or you can't go there now. Is this place still open?  {ehm}
Semper Fi

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
Re: Tellico
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:28:04 PM »
It's closed right now but we need your help at the end of this week to open it back up and keep it open.
bolt-ons suck

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »
check out our Land Use section. Lots of information but basically it is under attack by the Trout Fisherman. A few of the high challenged trails have been closed for "evaluation for erosion" and they will probably never be opened again. The park is currently in its second year of a new seasonal closure between Jan 1st and March 31st to keep traffic out during the snow and freeze/thaw period to prevent further damage.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »
If all the trails were open, most of us would call it..........................................................................................

MECCA!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »
If all the trails were open, most of us would call it..........................................................................................

Now I've seen a few hints to opening up lower 2 and 9 again, on Pirate and various other Tellico threads, but is there any concrete evidence they're going to do this? I mean I know they said that they were just one year closures, but has there been word from the forest folks about this?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »
It sounds like Tellico would make me happy in the pants.  ;D
Semper Fi

BigJerm

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »
I have seen the same Will but no evidence other than "they said 1 year closure and its almost one year". I know the slickrock trail was obviously cut up in a way that they never plan to open back up. I have not seen the other trails though...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »
If anything lower 2 will be open over slickrock. I think we can officially remove slickrock from the map. They invested way too much time and money "correcting" that trail to reopen it. Just my 2 pennies. Now I pray to every offroad god to let lower 2 be reopened!!!!!!!!!! I DREAM OF THAT TRAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »
If anything lower 2 will be open over slickrock. I think we can officially remove slickrock from the map. They invested way too much time and money "correcting" that trail to reopen it.

X2.  They only way we could have slick rock again is if they can cut a new exit from the top of the ledges to the left or right back down the mountain.  Unfortunately, I don't see them cutting any new trails..............  ever.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 04:51:02 PM »
Wait what did they do to slick rock? In December 07 they had already dug a bunch of silt traps and filled in a lot of stuff with dirt and they were letting us ride on it then...
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 04:55:20 PM »
After the main rock faces the entire trail was filled and basically stairstepped for water run off. Tons of dirt and they planted grass to boot. They are really trying to keep the water from just washing down to the rock faces. That is off limits till... forever. >:(
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 07:44:12 PM »
yeah the stair step they did would pretty much have every rig high centered and pulling the cable...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM