BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: RIVER ROCK ORV: March 13-15 Discussion  (Read 32484 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: RIVER ROCK ORV: March 13-15 Discussion
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2009, 05:30:41 PM »
Not that I plan on being there Friday night, but I think I'm through with night rides.  I've been on 2 and neither of them ended up that great and always ended with us getting to bed about 3 or 4 hours before we had to get up.

That happens regardless if we are riding or standing by a fire. So your comment must be retracted.. Thank You...  {no}
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2009, 05:53:06 PM »
Couple questions...

1.  Is anyone planning on riding Friday night??
2.  What kind of food are you cooking Will??

I wasn't sure if you were cooking.  Adam & Matt provided burgers and dogs at Morris Mtn..  What's up..??

Also,  I will ride some easy stuff FRI night if possible and definitely Saturday..  I will see what shakes out for Sunday.. ie..  weather, carnage, etc..  drive home Sunday..

1.) I am a broke college kid so I can't buy everybody food.  :-\
2.) I will cook what you bring since I'm the ride organizer.  {nln}
3.) I would love to do a night ride Friday night as long as Steve is ok with it.

1.  I read somewhere on riverock's web page that no night riding is allowed.
2.  I am a broke old man because of broke college kids so I guess that rules the food
     out.   :'(

"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »
A LITTLE INFO ON THE RIDE THIS WEEKEND

First off, a couple of house keeping points,

*We will be on channel 7 on the radios.

*Bring your own food and beverages. I usually take the cheap route and buy a loaf of bread, a packet of ham, (a bag of chips if I'm doing good  :D ), a 24 pack of off-brand waters, and a 12 pack of brews for around the campfire.

*Plenty of room for tents. There are bathrooms and warm showers as well.

*FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO RIVER ROCK AND DO NOT HAVE A WAIVER ON FILE...
-- Please download, print off, and bring a copy of the waiver to the park. When you arrive, find me and I'll take them up. You can find it here: http://www.riverrockorv.com/park/waiver.php

-- A reminder that the riding fee is $50 per rig for the weekend or $35 if you're only staying for one day CASH ONLY.

*DIRECTIONS AND PARK ENTRANCE...

--Directions: http://www.riverrockorv.com/park/index.php

--Now once you're on Pebble Hill Rd you will go about 3.5 miles. The entrance to the park will be a dirt road on your left. There is a very small sign that says "River Rock" in red that you will probably not see until you're on the dirt road. There is also a blue, 2'x3' Fabtech sign in the Trees. If you come to a dead end, you have gone about 2 miles too far. Just drive slow after the first couple miles on Pebble Hill and you should find the entrance fine. As most of you know, a lot of GPS devices don't like the country and this place is no exception to that rule. Follow the road signs. Once you're on the dirt road you will see the check in shack with a big "BFGoodrich" banner over it that they use for big events. Drive on past that and keep going straight. This is TRAIL 1 and you will follow it all the way back until you get to the main camping field. It is very big. Follow down to the back left-hand corner as you come in and look for the rigs and introduce yourself, say you're here for the GATR ride. After all the intros and stuff, if you have any questions about airing down tires or anything, don't hesitate to ask. We have a very knowledgeable group of guys.

*FRIDAY

-- Riding starts at 10:00 AM.  :) 

*SATURDAY

-- Group ride begins at 10:00 AM. During this ride we will be riding trails that have bypasses for all the harder obstacles. We do not want anyone to feel like they have to try stuff they're not comfortable doing. Anyone with a 4x4 will be fine on these trails. There are plenty of obstacles and climbs to challenge every rig though, but only try what you feel comfortable doing. This ride will be pretty slow paced considering the amount of rigs and a lot of guys will like to try the harder lines which require a spotter. If the group stops to watch somebody on an obstacle, feel free to hop out of your rig and come watch, but try not to block the trail so that other rigs can get by.

-- After lunch we'll split into groups based on rig capabilities. We do this because smaller groups allow us to move faster and see as much of the trails as we can.

MOST IMPORTANT: Everybody have a great time and try not to do anything destructive. We are very fortunate to have places like River Rock to ride legally and have such a great time at, so respect Steve and his property.

-- If anyone has anymore questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Now, Let's go 4-wheelin' !!!   {letseat}

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Daniel

« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2009, 09:11:29 AM »
That happens regardless if we are riding or standing by a fire. So your comment must be retracted.. Thank You...  {no}

Yeah, but at least whenever we're standing by a fire I was parked in a chair sleeping. Can't do that drivin' the trails.

mdo817

« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »
Trails DON'T close ar 4:30.

Daniel

« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2009, 02:09:12 PM »
Trails DON'T close ar 4:30.

Really?!?  That's great news.  Kyle, did you hear that??!!  TRAILS DON'T CLOSE AT 4:30!!!

BigJerm

« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »
How the heck is it only Thursday!? Pretty tempting to cough cough out of work and ride tomorrow. Looks like Saturday is 70% rain now which makes it even more tempting...

Offline Night Wolf

• Visitor
  • Jump It.
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »
Will people be wheeling on Sunday or is it only Friday/Saturday?

I don't get out of work until 3, which means I wouldn't get to RR until 5PM or so on Friday, would it be worth it to go that late on Friday and spend the night, or just arrive Saturday morning?

~Rick AKA Jump

'05 TJ Sport - Savvy/Currie/Clayton/UCF 3" & 33s

RotorHead

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »

I don't get out of work until 3, which means I wouldn't get to RR until 5PM or so on Friday, would it be worth it to go that late on Friday and spend the night, or just arrive Saturday morning?

There will be some people wheeling Sunday. Not as many as Saturday, but you'll have some folks to ride with.

Yes, it's worth it to come Friday night. Half the fun is hanging out by the fire. Plus you're already there in the morning.  {letseat}

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2009, 05:24:28 PM »
will and i got my AtoZ sliders primed, painted and installed today! cant wait to test em out tomorrow!

pics to come soon.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2009, 05:47:35 PM »
well, I hate that I will miss this ride but looks like the rain will make things... interesting. Will should have fun! :D Well, stuck here at the beach with sunny skis and 78 degree weather. >:( You boys have fun and take some dang pics this time around!! {toast}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Night Wolf

• Visitor
  • Jump It.
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »

There will be some people wheeling Sunday. Not as many as Saturday, but you'll have some folks to ride with.

Yes, it's worth it to come Friday night. Half the fun is hanging out by the fire. Plus you're already there in the morning.  {letseat}

A friend/co-worker will be joining me, his folks have a lake cabin on one of the lakes in the Milledgeville area, thats where we will be staying for the night(s)

Looks like there is a good chance it'll rain this weekend, I suppose that'll make everything a bit more interesting.

I just got done installing my CB system, it has been a bit of a pain. I have a firestik cut to tune antenna, but haven't tried to tune it yet, I don't think I am picking anything up as I just get static, even on 19 (I live within 1-2 miles of the interstate - should be picking up truckers) Antenna is mounted on the spare tire holder, I ran a seperate ground wire and sanded away the paint from the bottom side of the hole for the antenna, the piece with the threaded part sticks up thru the bottom, then the nylon washer then metal lock washer then the upper piece.... is this correct? If I can't get it working maybe somebody could help me set it up? I bought a power/SWR meter as well, haven't hooked it up yet, trying to get it to pick something up first. Nobody here has a CB to test with. My CB also has weather band, and I don't pick any of the channels up.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:56:03 PM by Night Wolf »
~Rick AKA Jump

'05 TJ Sport - Savvy/Currie/Clayton/UCF 3" & 33s

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM