BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: RIVER ROCK ORV: March 13-15 Discussion  (Read 32485 times)

RotorHead

Re: RIVER ROCK ORV: March 13-15 Discussion
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
Will people be wheeling on Sunday or is it only Friday/Saturday?

I don't get out of work until 3, which means I wouldn't get to RR until 5PM or so on Friday, would it be worth it to go that late on Friday and spend the night, or just arrive Saturday morning?

There will be some people wheeling Sunday. Not as many as Saturday, but you'll have some folks to ride with.

Yes, it's worth it to come Friday night. Half the fun is hanging out by the fire. Plus you're already there in the morning.  {letseat}

A friend/co-worker will be joining me, his folks have a lake cabin on one of the lakes in the Milledgeville area, thats where we will be staying for the night(s)

Looks like there is a good chance it'll rain this weekend, I suppose that'll make everything a bit more interesting.

I just got done installing my CB system, it has been a bit of a pain. I have a firestik cut to tune antenna, but haven't tried to tune it yet, I don't think I am picking anything up as I just get static, even on 19 (I live within 1-2 miles of the interstate - should be picking up truckers) Antenna is mounted on the spare tire holder, I ran a seperate ground wire and sanded away the paint from the bottom side of the hole for the antenna, the piece with the threaded part sticks up thru the bottom, then the nylon washer then metal lock washer then the upper piece.... is this correct? If I can't get it working maybe somebody could help me set it up? I bought a power/SWR meter as well, haven't hooked it up yet, trying to get it to pick something up first. Nobody here has a CB to test with. My CB also has weather band, and I don't pick any of the channels up.

First off, don't let Will touch it. It will never work.  ;D

Bring your stuff with you. We'll get it worked out.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2009, 07:31:20 PM »
will and i got my AtoZ sliders primed, painted and installed today! cant wait to test em out tomorrow!

pics to come soon.

Then we went to test em out at the new rec park near the river where there's a pile of good sized rocks. Of course I got to showing out the day before our ride  ::)  put a nice dent in my trans pan and ripped the boot off my driveshaft.  {no}  This one guy came to watch and said, "You know it's better to air your tires down for the rocks." ... but he didn't really want to stay and chat. Said he used to have a Bronco on some, "big turs"  though ;D

Anyways , can't wait for tomorrow   {toast}

If anyone has some extra firewood laying around, we'd really appreciate it if you brought some. Well, I wouls appreciate it.  ;D Cause I've gotta cut and replace what we burn from Steve's stash. Don't break your back over it though, just if you have some handy and you've got the room.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline unwantedstray

• Visitor
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2009, 07:42:08 PM »
Yeah I saw you guys over there today. I was there for my GIS class. Wish I could have gotten out to talk for a minute.

ZAG
Zack Gilbert
2005 Rubicon "Agent Orange"

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »
Well, I won't be able to make it. This is our last weekend to move and we have been putting it off since it seems to rain every weekend, so we HAVE to do it this weekend. Is anyone coming through Macon on the way down though? Will left his jacket in my truck last weekend and I'm sure he wants it back.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »
Yeah I saw you guys over there today. I was there for my GIS class. Wish I could have gotten out to talk for a minute.

ZAG

Yeah, that guy that came over there was trying to get a word in while Kyle was trying to get me off the rocks,

I was like, "hey, are you ZAG? ... is that your Rubicon?" but it wasn't you  :D   Yeah, we had just finished putting Kyle's sliders on and really wanted to flex the Jeeps out for a second. You should have come and said hi. I thought you might have been on the green way walking or something. What were you guys doing over there?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2009, 07:52:44 PM »
Well, I won't be able to make it. This is our last weekend to move and we have been putting it off since it seems to rain every weekend, so we HAVE to do it this weekend. Is anyone coming through Macon on the way down though? Will left his jacket in my truck last weekend and I'm sure he wants it back.

That would be grand actually, since that is my rain and cold jacket and we're gonna have a little of both this weekend  {whack3}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Night Wolf

• Visitor
  • Jump It.
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »
Ya'll want fire wood? My house is on a wooded 1/2 acre that I am in the process of clearing out, I've still got some cut up wood laying around taking up space (I used to cut the trees up and burn them, now I pull them to the road with the tractor and the city takes/cuts up/chips the entire tree... any size) I'll bring whatever I can gather up from around here.

As for the CB... I got it working... I did more sanding underneath the drilled hole for the antenna, it picks up weather band now, as well as CB channels, well atleast 19, I can hear the truckers (took a drive down the interstate to Pilot for more CB stuff) I tested my SWR and on channel 1 it is around 2.7, channel 20 it is around 3.4 and channel 40 it is up to 4, which I know is too high. I haven't tuned the antenna yet... I still don't understand how I tune it, I removed the cap and there is no visable wire, do I actually use a hacksaw and cut off a small section of the top of the antenna then put the cap back on? I never set up a CB before, I've used hand held FRS on previous meets and car get togethers (cars - not Jeeps tho)

The CB install took alot longer then expcted to install and setup, so I never got around to mounting the tow hooks from a Blazer in the rear of the Jeep (plus there dosen't appear to be a good spot on the frame to mount them) so if it's alright with ya'll, it looks like my class-I receiver hitch will be my rear tow point... It bolts to the frame at 3 locations on each side, so if needed I suppose as long as it is straped near either side and not the middle, it should be OK. It is the lowest point in the rear of the TJ tho, so it'll be the first to hit rocks... hopefully it survives - I actually use it... I suppose if it gets damaged tho it'll be an excuse for the LoD rear bumper w/ 2" receiver and clevis mounts I like :)

BTW, I'll be passing stright thru Macon (I live in Byron) I'd be more then happy to pick up the left behind items and bring them :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:19:59 PM by Night Wolf »
~Rick AKA Jump

'05 TJ Sport - Savvy/Currie/Clayton/UCF 3" & 33s

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
Cool, when will you be coming through Macon? I'll meet you some place when you're coming through.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »

BTW, I'll be passing stright thru Macon (I live in Byron) I'd be more then happy to pick up the left behind items and bring them :)

You bring some firewood and my jacket and you are the man!   {toast}

Your receiver should be fine as a rear tow point for this weekend if you even need it. The front hooks are stout and that's usually what we hook to anyways.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

mdo817

« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »
I got the Heep loaded and strapped down. Rum and Coke in the cup to go a head and get my mind right so I will be able to communicate with Will in the morning. Hey Mike, Will and I decided on Trail 7 first, sound good?

Cough, Cough Jerm.  {cheers2}

RotorHead

« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2009, 08:36:29 PM »
I got the Heep loaded and strapped down. Rum and Coke in the cup to go a head and get my mind right so I will be able to communicate with Will in the morning. Hey Mike, Will and I decided on Trail 7 first, sound good?

Yeah, Trail 7 is my favorite. I'll be there by 9:00. I'm still packing up. I'll be staying in the big cabin.  ;) Steve said we could set up tents in that area also. That way we can use the covered poll barn and the fire pit.

BigJerm

« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »

I am like 90% sure I will have some bad chicken tonight  {no}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM