BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Lets talk circuits  (Read 312 times)

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
Lets talk circuits
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:34:15 AM »
So I have a design project for one of my classes that is requiring me to find a sensor or transducer that can send data via PWM and integrate it into the microcontroller development boards we designed and built.  I'm being indecisive on what part I want to actually use and I am also new to sensors that use PWM (I'm used to analog sensors) so I figured I's ask GATR.  I'm looking for, for example, accelerometers, inclinometers, temp, ect and an idea on an interesting way to use it.  It is major bonus if it accepts 5V Vdd.  I'm looking for links to companies that offer small quantity samples.  If the part is ridiculously awesome but they don't have samples post it anyways, I have a stipend up to $60...

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
Re: Lets talk circuits
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »
http://www.newark.com/

you might be able to call them and ask for samples, i know they sent me some LED's that didn't have all the parts to them and sent me out some replacements for free as samples
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
Re: Lets talk circuits
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:03:56 AM »
That's why I'm being indecisive. I can find all the big distributors that take a little prodding to get free stuff, but finding the actual manufacturers that have online free samples is lot harder. I usually get stuff from national instraments, but they're mostly analog stuff.

On a side note, I got 4 micro SMD analog temperature sensors in yesterday and dropped the 4 pack off my desk never to be found again... Damn things are almost invisible in my apartments dark carpet, 4 black .5mm x 1mm x 2 mm dots...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM