BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Interest in building part's this summer??  (Read 706 times)

Offline Alex

• Visitor
Interest in building part's this summer??
« on: March 09, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
I know i have gotten a few PM's and in conversation people have asked about building some stuff for people.  I am trying to see if there is any real interest in this. 

Basically I would be willing to build.

1. Long arm for your current suspension. (cost would be around $1500 depending on what joints were used.  Would also have to leave the jeep with me for a weekend)

2. Tube fenders (If i get 2 people to commit, i will build them for $125 each. I can do inner fenders for an additional $50) 

3. Bumpers. ( front bumper $150 with winch mount and rear would depend on the tire carrier)

4. could be other things but this is just what i thought about.

Once again i am not trying to sell my business, i am just trying to see if I can get enough interest to cut back my job this summer.  If prices are to much let me know, i am just throwing numbers out there.  I am wanting to build some stuff this summer and this would keep me from spending to much momey on my jeep haha.

ghostdancer308

Re: Interest in building part's this summer??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
I would really like to see hard corners like yours but for the JK. Kind of like Off-Road Evolution Outlaw corners. The Jk has been out for a good while but aftermarket stuff is slim depending on what you want. I have a 2 dr. Would this be possible?

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »
If you could make a good looking but basic bumper for a ZJ for only $150, I'd buy it.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:02:07 PM »
Well, i am not sure about the JK corners because of the off curve of the body.  I will look at my buddys and see what i can do but i dont think it is going to be easy to make.  Ben, ZJ's have the worst front bumper mount known to man kind haha.  I don't think i could do it at that price.

Daniel

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »
Alex... if I had the cash, I'd have you make me some bumpers, sliders, trail doors so I could lean out and see what's in front of me, and a spare tire carrier... you'd be a busy man.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »
Well, i am not sure about the JK corners because of the off curve of the body.  I will look at my buddys and see what i can do but i dont think it is going to be easy to make. 

That's what turned me off of them. It can be done, you just gotta have the $10,000 equipment like Offroad Evolution has!  {nln}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 05:32:01 PM »
 {pm}

Someone post up pictures of the JK fenders.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:48:21 PM »
I'd kill for a simple, slimline bumper w/winch mount for the xj. {toast}
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »
Me and jimmy are talking about cutting some out and building some.  An XJ bumper wouldn't be that hard to build.  I will see what i can do.  Jimmy, draw this thing up on your autocad. ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »
If I get tired of working on the axles tomorrow I'll bust out the tape measure and take a look. We need a cool name and logo now, haha.

I wonder if there would be any interest in XJ corners? They seem hard to find at any price.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

ranger11

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 09:26:40 PM »
I know its tough out there but I have a tool that will help the 2 of you out if you make me a 3rd. :D :D :D :D

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 09:38:57 PM »
Ben, ZJ's have the worst front bumper mount known to man kind haha.  I don't think i could do it at that price.

Actually, the mounts are bad at all, as long as you fully cut out the "frame" rail holes first.

And that statement was a joke, no one can make a ZJ bumper that cheap unless you do it yourself and its really basic.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM