BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: RIVER ROCK PHOTOS MARCH 13-15  (Read 13468 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: RIVER ROCK PHOTOS MARCH 13-15
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 02:25:47 PM »
Thanks everybody for coming out and making another great GATR ride!

I beat up my little Jeep this weekend  ::)  replaced the fan clutch pretty fast after Drew drove me to O'Reily's for a new one. Passenger rear corner has now got a nice dent and scratch in it, but what tops it all off is the interior. I invited some girls from school down there, and they wanted to go to the swamp. Thy were not very impressed with the rocks for some reason  {ehm}  So anyways, girl was driving, she got it super stuck in the swamp, I had to sling mud everywhere to get it out and I had the doors and windows off. I went ahead and hosed down the entire interior and pulled the front carpet. Well now I've got a soaking wet Jeep that's sitting with the top on in the rain, so it's not gonna dry for 3 days {nln} Sometime towards the end of the week I'm gonna work on cleaning/drying it out.

So, gotta say it again like I always do.... the Jeep is never seeing mud again!  :D

Thanks again everybody, had a blast.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline RamIt

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 04:50:56 PM »
I can not wait to go here!!  Nice pics. {toast}
1997 Dodge Ram single cab sort bed
3 inch lift
Rancho shocks
Grill gaurd
KC baja lights
35 TSL SS
American racing wheels
Redneck CAI

RotorHead

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 05:10:04 PM »

LOL! That is great! Is the original picture bigger? If so can you send it to me?

That was the very first obstacle of my very first day wheeling. Almost made it to the top but kept laying down on the belly pan right before I got over.... 1st gear (quite low on the 6spd) in 4lo wouldn't get enough speed and as soon as the tires spun the RPM would near redline, so I backed up, put it in 2nd, someone said "give it more gas" so I did :)

PM me your email address and I'll send the original. It was shot at 8 Megapixels.

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 05:13:12 PM »
Mike I don't know about you but:::

I THINK HE IS HOOKED!

He is already talking belly up and lockers...  What a hobby>>>
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

Sir Yortman

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 05:32:01 PM »
Great time wheel'n with you guys!  That picture of Night (aka Jump) had me rolling again.  Special thanks to Kyle for providing a nice spot, Will for the trail leading and Livingston for making it a a really great day.   Enjoyed chatting with each of you and hope to ride with the GA trail riders again in the future. 

Cheers!

Offline Dustin88

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 06:06:13 PM »
Albert got stuck in his dodge tow rig leaving sunday mourning and somehow Calvins XJ towed Alberts dually with jeep in tow all the way to the main road.
97 TJ, 4.0 5-speed, 33"s, rear detroit, front lock-right, ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, other stuff.
99 XJ, Stock for now

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 06:10:53 PM »
Nice pictures guys, I wish I could have escaped for a bit and come down.

I may have missed it, but what happened to Kyle's front axle? kill the spider gears? Also, is my Ford still down there? haha
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 06:14:58 PM »
not sure about Kyle but I did see the Ford.  It was on a trailer sitting in the small field on the left as you go in.  Looked like it had been burnt or spray painted black or something.  I guess that was it.  It looked like the Ford in your posts..
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 07:15:39 PM »
I sure wish I would have come back Saturday, looks like a great time.  It was so foggy/dreary at the lake Saturday morning, and the radar showed rain moving in, so I stayed put with the birthday girl.  Looks like you guys got in some great wheelin before the precip arrived.

Mark, thanks for coming by, tell Donna thanks, that cake was awesome!!!!  The strawberry shortcake we made with it (rather than the Sara Lee she bought) was over the top, and everybody's talking about that cake! Got to have a recipe. (I know, it's a secret!)   {toast}

BigJerm

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »
As soon as I hit the lake Doug it rained on me all the way home. It rained so much that it only cost me $2.75 at the .25 wash today to get the Jeep completely clean so I could inspect it...

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »
Nice pictures guys, I wish I could have escaped for a bit and come down.

I may have missed it, but what happened to Kyle's front axle? kill the spider gears? Also, is my Ford still down there? haha

Yeah, we thought it was ring and pinion, but it looks like they escaped. The spiders were pretty much unrecognizable.  :o

Steve was telling me about the truck this morning; they flipped it over to cut the engine out and it caught on fire. They just let it burn  ;D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 08:04:12 PM »
Yeah, we thought it was ring and pinion, but it looks like they escaped. The spiders were pretty much unrecognizable.  :o

Steve was telling me about the truck this morning; they flipped it over to cut the engine out and it caught on fire. They just let it burn  ;D

HAHA, thats awesome. That truck will never die!

Kyle needs to buy an Aussie now to replace the spider gears! If not, there is a slim chance I still have some gears laying around from when I regeared last summer, if not, I'm sure you and plenty of other folks have them from when a lunchbox install.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM