BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Go Topless Event May 9th in Newnan, GA!!!  (Read 2699 times)

TJ-xtreme

Go Topless Event May 9th in Newnan, GA!!!
« on: April 29, 2009, 09:30:49 AM »
Copied from Georgia Crawlers.com

"For those of you who do not know, All Things Jeep has this annual Go Topless Day event that they hold. Its a day where everyone who has a jeep, takes the top off and rides around. This year they are sending out little promotional things from their business to clubs/people nation wide who participate. I have listed our club (Georgia Crawlers) and have a great opportunity for some good club pubilicty. One of the local business here in Newnan, GA is going to let us use the front of the building which is an old movie theater with the old style marquee to promote the Go Topless theme. I am currently speaking with some folks to make it a Jeep get together here in Newnan. I am going to talk with one of the local banner shops to make us a large banner for this event.

The address is 19 West Court Square, Newnan, GA, 30263. Business name is The Alamo. I will have parking spaces blocked off for us out front of the business. The marquee above the business will have our club name and "Go Topless". Time for the event is 10:00 am. The square is not as busy then. I plan on some type of photos to be taken using the marquee and as many Jeeps as possible. Anyway, it looks like it might turn out to be a fun event. I have spoke with some of the local people and they all like the idea."

Diehard

Re: Go Topless Event May 9th in Newnan, GA!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:00:52 AM »
First you beat me to posting on JF and now here. But glad someone is spreading the word. Thanks.

TJ-xtreme

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »
Come on guys, there's got to be some interest out there. Not trying to steal anyone away from GATR, just figured this event would be a good time for anyone with a jeep that might want to meet some other "locals" with jeeps...

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 09:47:33 PM »
Come on guys, there's got to be some interest out there. Not trying to steal anyone away from GATR, just figured this event would be a good time for anyone with a jeep that might want to meet some other "locals" with jeeps...

I think it's a national thing, so wherever you are, go topless.  I'll be headed up to the open hose/grand opening at Offroad Outfitters in Dawsonville.  Newnan's too far far for me, but there's some good BBQ down there!

Offline MOSDIF589

• 4 Wheel Parts
  • Visitor
    • 4 Wheel Parts
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 01:48:37 AM »
  I'm in...  I like TOPLESS...  Not me of course, I was talking about the Jeep... 

Let me know if anyone would be interested in meeting @ 4WheelParts in Forest Park then do a Jeep convoy down to Newnan.  I just like Jeep convoys so if anyone near the Forest Park location and others who will be driving down I-75 pass 4WheelParts can meet up and go as a group.  Let me know what you think......

Albert @ 4WheelParts Forest Park  {salute}

TJ-xtreme

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 01:23:01 PM »
Weather's starting to look better for this weekend so this should be a pretty good get together. If anyone else wants to come then don't be shy, Just show up with your jeep and enjoy yourself...

BTW... this is an all things jeep event so even if you can't put your top down, everyone is welcome...

Offline Mr. Breeze

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 04:45:32 AM »
Ummm... My top doesn't come off, so I guess I'm out. :(

Oh, and I have to pull duty Saturday.

Diehard

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 01:21:03 PM »
Looks like we may have anywhere from 15 to 30 vehicles there.
And as stated above everyone is welcome to come. The more the merrier.  ;D

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »
Ummm... My top doesn't come off, so I guess I'm out. :(

Oh, and I have to pull duty Saturday.

It will come off! All we need is a sawzall.................
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 08:09:13 PM »
What's the word? It definitely got attention! My friend from Newnan who goes to schoo with me called me and said, "Dude! There's Jeeps freaking everywhere, do you know what's going on!?"

{toast}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

TJ-xtreme

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 01:02:59 PM »
I ended up not being able to attend because of a college graduation in savannah that day but the turn out was pretty good. I think there were about 20-25 jeeps that showed up....

Diehard

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »
This is what it looked like for the group pic. 21 Jeeps.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM