BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: hmmm  (Read 882 times)

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
hmmm
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:57:38 PM »
so in less than 3 weeks im going to be fully moved to my new residence in John's creek. and were already planning on putting my jeep in a shop to get it worked on, mainly cause my steering box is ripping its self off again.

does anyone have any suggestions? i was thinking of going to 4WP there on Buford highway.

-Ian

Offline Brad

• Visitor
  • JACK IT UP!
Re: hmmm
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:12:09 AM »
Extreme offroad is closer to johns creek

the managers name is ben

their address is:

813 shadburn Avenue
Suite 106
Buford, GA
2000 dodge durango mall crawler

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:53:49 AM »
Get with Mark and Richard, they have experience on this subject! Mark is a professional in ripping off steering boxes ;D
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 09:20:28 AM »
Get with Mark and Richard, they have experience on this subject! Mark is a professional in ripping off steering boxes ;D

Ooooooooh... where you at Mark?

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »
oh, so im not alone. i am just a little worried about this, cause well its a cherokee. and i ripped the uniframe off! its just held together right now with alot of plate, and hope.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 01:22:17 PM »
Its an XJ thing, lol
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

mdo817

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »

Ooooooooh... where you at Mark?
{no} {nln}
I don't know who to tell you to take it to. Might contact "Mild to Wild" they do a good bit of custom work. This type repair takes custom stuff. I assume you have unibody cracking going on. I used a lot of .125" steel plate and reinforced my whole Driver side. Now I'm finishing up with full hydro-steering to take the stress of the unibody. Give me a shout if you want to talk.

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »
im thinking in the long run i want to plate the whole underside. pretty much giving my uniframe a frame.

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
ahh this is cool, i might be able to pick up a 2dr XJ that isnt all messed up to transfer parts too. now that would be cheaper and rather cool, cause my first vehicle was a 2dr XJ, and i would love to have another one. but i live in a nice neighborhood and i doubt that i could do the swapping in the garage, so another question for ya'll. how knows a shop or maybe a privately owned place that i can borrow to go along the lines of building a jeep?

mdo817

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 10:56:50 PM »
I bought my YJ from a guy in a real nice subdivision in Johns Creek, he was building a bad a$$ crawler in his garage, he kept baby tires to get it out of his garage. Where ther is a will there is a way.

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 06:21:31 PM »
ahhh, well me and a couple buddies are going to get to get together. and rebuild my jeep, new rear axle, redoing the front end, going from T&T long arms to short arms, lining the inside all the good stuff.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »
Why would go from long arms to short arms? Most people go the other way!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM