BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Warn winch clicking noise, any ideas?  (Read 582 times)

Offline trhoppe

• Visitor
    • tomhoppe.com
Warn winch clicking noise, any ideas?
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »
We have a few year old Warn winch. I was using it to pull some bushes in the yard Saturday and borked it.

Using the remote, I accidentally fed out, rather then in, so I just flicked the switch back to feed in, and it broke. Now it just clicks when I use the remote, regardless of the switch position.

The main gear isn't broken or anything, as I can still flip the big silver switch for free spool or locked and it does that.

It just clicks when I use the remote. Haven't taken it apart yet.

-Tom

Offline Alex

• Visitor
Re: Warn winch clicking noise, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »
Solenoids are gone for than likely.  There should be 4 of them.  You need to test them or get them tested and replaced.

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:15:06 AM »
X2 on the solenoids

IFSSUX

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:28:33 AM »
i just rebuilt mine and did alot of searching on the web for wiring diagrams, its easy to do just a bitch. go ahead and take the motor off and make sure everything is clean in there while you have it down. i had about 1 inch of sand inside mine from years of use. i think i spent about $75 total on the project, just called up warn and they got me in touch with a local (well i say local...) shop and had all the parts i needed in 2 days. put all new bearings in it while i was there and it runs like a champ. get a friend to help and a few beers and its not so bad as long as you have all the diagrams ahead of time.

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »
i just rebuilt mine and did alot of searching on the web for wiring diagrams, its easy to do just a bitch. go ahead and take the motor off and make sure everything is clean in there while you have it down. i had about 1 inch of sand inside mine from years of use. i think i spent about $75 total on the project, just called up warn and they got me in touch with a local (well i say local...) shop and had all the parts i needed in 2 days. put all new bearings in it while i was there and it runs like a champ. get a friend to help and a few beers and its not so bad as long as you have all the diagrams ahead of time.

where did you get the solenoids?  currently i might have one and a half that are working on my winch and need to replace them all.  same deal hit the switch and sometimes get a click.  most of the time it does nothing at all, unless i smack the casing real hard, jsut havn't needed the winch all that much these days.
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

IFSSUX

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »
not 100% sure but i think it was from clemson 4wd or something like that. i just called up warn and they got me in touch with the nearest dealer and they were really nice and helped me out.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM