BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Are any of you old Jeep guys worried?  (Read 495 times)

Drap

Are any of you old Jeep guys worried?
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:04:28 PM »
The cash for clunkers deal.  If you trade in your old auto what are they going to do with all of them?
Resell them?
Send them to huge junk yards like the movie WALLY?
Or melt them down like the movie ROBOTS?
If they scrap every auto not getting 20 miles a gallon there will be NO more parts. All of our Jeeps will be ILLEGAL. Is Disney on to something?
When was the last time you saw a flat fender at the junk yard, a keiser, how about CJs? How many CJ5s were produced? History geeks answer here___________.
Where did they all go?
My friend back home wheels his H1 so when they stoped production he freeked. But chevy said they will make replacement parts for them "forever" . Ya ok sure, as they claim bankrupt! And who is going to store these parts?
If you own a factory would you make parts for somthing that may never sell and keep them in stock, or make new ones and sell them tommorow?

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Are any of you old Jeep guys worried?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 03:09:14 PM »
California has been doing this for years!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »
We only have to worry for the next four years. Soon as we get our commy pres out of office. We need to go on a government diet.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »
here is a good break down of the program.  the cars that get traded in get crushed and the program is a limited time only, not to concerned about loseing all the junk yard parts out there.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534919,00.html
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »
Obama isnt going to get my Jeep, It will be hidden well haha.  I will move out of the US before he pulls that crap.  All i know is if he doesnt watch is Back, he might have another American Revolution on his hands.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 08:40:01 PM »
Won't have to worry about anything getting junked after today... http://www.cnbc.com/id/32228218
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

albert

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »
alot of the full size jeeps got crushed last year when the price of metal shoot up.  hopefully some of the older ones will stay on the road or at least the trails.  I hope to have mine back on the trails with in the next 10 years.

mdo817

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »
I'm watching the news as I'm catching up, and they just said that this program has been suspended. Thank God. By the way Albert I still need to get me a FSJ, that's about the only Jeep that me or my Dad haven't owned yet.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 11:48:21 PM »
I'm watching the news as I'm catching up, and they just said that this program has been suspended. Thank God. By the way Albert I still need to get me a FSJ, that's about the only Jeep that me or my Dad haven't owned yet.

Won't have to worry about anything getting junked after today... http://www.cnbc.com/id/32228218

:D
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

mdo817

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 11:54:14 PM »

:D

Price of scrap metal fall again?

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 01:51:18 AM »
i wouldnt be to worried, if you built ANY jeep on the cheap you'll find tons of other auto parts work. hell im running generic chevy pickup brake lines on my old XJ and some other stuff that i scored in junkyard finds. all direct swap if you know what your looking for, cant say much about the new vehicles but older vehicles for sure.

So-Bad-Im-Good

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 08:55:48 AM »
CASH FOR CLUNKERS has been suspended due to being out of funds!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM