BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Thinking of buying a MAC  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: Thinking of buying a MAC
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 05:47:52 PM »
 {ehm} I just spec'd out a Dell "Studio 15" to match the 15" MacBook Pro as closely as possible. The processor on the Dell is slightly faster (2.8 v 2.5 Ghz) and had to upgrade the Mac's HDD to match the Dells (320 GB), but other than that, they are nearly identical. The Dell is $1,139 and the Mac is $1,749. Even if I bought the Mac with the 5% student discount ($1,661.55) and sold the iPod Touch that students get for free with a computer ($1,461.55) The Mac is still another $300. Thats a pretty big difference, even if you are a student.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Jeepers

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 01:40:32 PM »
Also remember to add in the camera, warranty, make sure you get the same screen and comparable software (if that is even possible direct from dell), similar weight, etc. Some features of the Mac are not even to my knowledge available on the dell (multitouch trac pad and trac pad size for example) I can't speak for your results, but when I did it last week, it was very close.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »
It came with a camera, I added the warranty, the screen on the Dell was 720p and HiView, same software (didn't bother to add MS Office, it would skew the results to Dell even more). Don't need a multitouch pad if you can right click, lol.

My buddy just upgraded to Snow Leopard and it is sweet. Takes less disk space than Leopard, runs incredibly fast, and starts up fast. There is a problem with SL destroying peoples batteries though, including my friends. They shipped him a new one the next day though. Mac seems to have excellent customer service.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 06:02:52 PM by Jimmy »
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Richmon

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
Do not forget that you get free support from the Apple store which you can't get through Dell.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 01:04:28 PM »
Read more about Mac's today. I might just go ahead and do it. I will go to the Mac store in Atl first to do a sit down and walk through it. I still have 13 days here to decide.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2009, 04:11:04 PM »
and when you buy that MAC dont forget about just how fuked your emails are going to look when they come from a PC.. or have they fixed that bug by now.. or when someone sends you a picture from hotmail and mac eats it.. maybe that bug has been fixed too.. or maybe when you cant watch a movie what noo that one has been fixed.. what about games... your kinda fuk there... but wait if you have time to play games then your have time to get your ass in the gym

ghostdancer308

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009, 04:17:34 PM »
That is a drunk post!! it has to be!? Its Monday! 1616 your time! LOL!! WTF!!? I want your job! And yes, Mac fixed all that way long ago. What do you know. The closest you have come to this technology is that crack=berry!! Stick to the humor threads!! ;D

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »
no this  is not a drunk post I wish it was.. but my ass is sitting here at work waiting for the bell to ring...

hey snotbubble i used to build my own systems.. and stop checking up on me and what if it was 1616 and I had a drink or 2.. in about 17 days your ass will be passed the fuk out by 1500..

mdo817

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009, 04:27:52 PM »
Look who is counting the days down. {ehm} 8==D

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »
just cause that asclown keeps telling me... everyday I get an update on FB about it....

hahahahahaahahahah

Mark sh  ittt i needed to call you about something... oh yeah how many wounded guys are going to be there for the ride this weekend??? I might be able to get some from here.. I need to talk to a few people.. i forgot there was a PH club here... I got a LT that when he was a smart E-7 got one and is part of that club...

mdo817

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »
I haven't heard, you can email the host guy from Fl. If this rain doesn't stop fast there won't be many GI's or Jeeps. You know what rain does to RR. From what I've heard they have been hammered. Not sure I want to go play in the mud, we will see though, I'm ready to ride.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
Hey if anything we can float down the river. Hahahaha I will be there late friday nite I have to drop off my puppy at the trainer and get my jeep ready I might be settin up the tent in the dark by the time o get there

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM