BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Good Nightclub/Bars Around Atl/Buckhead  (Read 914 times)

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
Good Nightclub/Bars Around Atl/Buckhead
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »
So I'm looking for some good nightlife spots around Atlanta. Preferably places that have dancing and aren't ridiculously expensive on drinks or cover.  20s crowd type of place.

ghostdancer308

Re: Good Nightclub/Bars Around Atl/Buckhead
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »
MikeD, give Seth or TJ the listings to all your favorite same sex hangouts!!LOL!! Seriously, i thought most of the good places in Buckhead were gone?

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:12:15 AM »
 {no} I'm looking for a place to take the ladies  ;)

I don't really care where it is, just preferably inside the loop.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 01:20:49 PM »
Stayed in Buckhead at The Hyatt about 2 months ago for a friend's birthday, and we went to 4 or 5 bars.... I don't remember a single name  ;D 

I'll try to find out for you. Every place I've ever been in Midtown was way super classy and the drinks were over priced, but I've never been to a bar where the drinks were not overpriced. Find the specials! ha
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 01:28:40 PM »
havana club was fun when I was into the whole club scene. Might be gone now.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »
It does seems to me that there is a definite lack of nonsuperclassy-straight-guy clubs {hihi}

Daniel

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:14:05 PM »
My cousin's girlfriend used to live in Midtown, near Little 5 Points, and... I think during the summer when we all were hanging out we ended going to one club called Shout, because our friend from high school worked there................I will never go there again.  It cost WWAAAAAYYY too much.  Atlanta sucks, mainly for that reason.  Good luck trying to find a reasonably, better yet good priced bar.  If I had a DD or hotel room, there's definitely fun to be had in Athens.  We had a show there a couple of months ago and stumbled across a bar that just happened to have happy hour going on where certain domestic beers were only $1....yes please!  But that doesn't help you... sorry.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »
My cousin's girlfriend used to live in Midtown, near Little 5 Points, and... I think during the summer when we all were hanging out we ended going to one club called Shout, because our friend from high school worked there................I will never go there again.  It cost WWAAAAAYYY too much.  Atlanta sucks, mainly for that reason.  Good luck trying to find a reasonably, better yet good priced bar.  If I had a DD or hotel room, there's definitely fun to be had in Athens.  We had a show there a couple of months ago and stumbled across a bar that just happened to have happy hour going on where certain domestic beers were only $1....yes please!  But that doesn't help you... sorry.

Yeah, we ate at Shout. I ordered water.  ::)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »
I like this place in Roswell named Chaplins. Every week it's something different & it's a huge mix of different ages.
Get ready to do some drunk singing though.

All the places I went to in Buckhead were closed a few years ago. Makos, Tongue & Groove were the main ones I went to...Ahh, awesome memories!
Perry

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »
Wish I could remember the little Pub name I went to a few times. Nice little pub and the guiness was flowin!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 04:38:43 PM »
I like this place in Roswell named Chaplins. Every week it's something different & it's a huge mix of different ages.

All the places I went to in Buckhead were closed a few years ago. Makos, Tongue & Groove were the main ones I went to...Ahh, awesome memories!
Makos and Tongue and Groove are gone?  Had some good times there back in the day. {cheers2} 3:) {hooters}
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »

Makos and Tongue and Groove are gone?  Had some good times there back in the day. {cheers2} 3:) {hooters}

Yeah, they closed to build condos I think.
Rumor was they were going to move to Kennesaw near Cowboys, but that's never happened.
Atlanta isn't the same as it use to be...
Just like Panama City Beach isn't the same as it was when I was going on Spring Break.

The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.
Perry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM