BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Ouch!  (Read 901 times)

BigJerm

Re: Ouch!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 10:00:58 PM »
still hurts to walk? Walk if you can and eat healthy. If you are to heavy it does help to loose a little before working out esp if all you got are pushups and situps that use your weight for resistance.

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 10:07:37 PM »
Dang, sorry to hear that man

Did they tell how long it takes to heal?

3 weeks or so.  I'm sure it won't be that long though.

still hurts to walk? Walk if you can and eat healthy. If you are to heavy it does help to loose a little before working out esp if all you got are pushups and situps that use your weight for resistance.

Naw, I can still walk.   I'm kind of afraid to jog or run though.  I guess I'll just take it easy and see where it goes, like if I can step up from walking fast to running.  I'll wait a lil while to be sure though.
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 11:51:38 PM »
i believe that was a fail... jk

sorry to hear, but what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 06:27:25 AM »
Just watch your food intake and stay motivated. You will be back at it in no time. Injuries will happen. Till this day I document all my food and workouts in a journal. I can always reference back to what worked and how I was feeling that day. Works for me. {toast}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 09:22:12 AM »
Tedder, you should of read all the postings in that thread! Start out slow and easy.........................................
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Daniel

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »
That's good that you're trying to get in shape.  Like Chuck told me, the older you get the harder it is to lose weight.  So, just turning 26 and not exactly satisfied with myself, I decided to do something about it...and it's slow.  But, it's better than sitting around doing nothing.  So, I'll keep at it and it's cool that you're attitude about it is still pretty positive.  Just heal up and get back at it...slowly this time.  ;)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »
Tedder, try doing pushups without a buddy sitting on your back to start!  ;DWow, that is crazy! But don't get discouraged!
I've grown tired of this.

ranger11

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 09:34:26 PM »
Dude your not that big.. Dont feel bad about that.. Your just not that strong and you have to build strength. Eat healthy and when you get ready to work out drink a whey shake then when you get done drink one. It helps the pain ALOT. 

Ps I will tell you you will prob puke the first couple of times you drink it. {toast}

Daniel

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 12:51:14 AM »

Ps I will tell you you will prob puke the first couple of times you drink it. {toast}

Well I guess that's one way to lose weight.  ;D

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 07:29:17 AM »
Dude your not that big.. Dont feel bad about that.. Your just not that strong and you have to build strength. Eat healthy and when you get ready to work out drink a whey shake then when you get done drink one. It helps the pain ALOT. 

Syntha 6 ;D

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline JeepnGal

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 01:39:04 PM »
Tedder--ouch on the muscle damage! Hope you are feeling better. After you heal, dunno if it'd be advised to start back to regular push ups. May want to do modified push ups (on your knees instead of toes) the first couple of weeks so you don't re injure yourself.

FYI: A good book to get that explains how to work out muscle groups/exercises/how to use machines/food info/etc is Body Sculpting Bible for Men.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM