BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep Beach May 14-16th 2010  (Read 12789 times)

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
Jeep Beach May 14-16th 2010
« on: December 10, 2009, 08:21:27 PM »
Just posting this for general information and to see if there is any interest for Jeep Beach in 2010..

http://www.jeepbeach.com/

Passing this along from the organizers of Jeep Beach... Mid Florida Jeep Club:

Make your plans now to attend Jeep Beach 2010 May 14 -17.

We are expecting your favorite vendors to attend and upwards of 600 Jeeps all crawling, climbing and showing off in the infield of the World Famous Daytona International Speedway! Scheduled to appear is the concept vehicles team and a possible QA with Jeep engineers. What would you like to see in your new Jeep? hmmm.

The week will start on Saturday May 8th and the Go Topless Day event held my the Pirates of Moore.

There will be events held around the Daytona and Orlando area throughout the week including:
(times/dates of events leading up to Jeep Beach subject to change, more events are being planned for those that would like to make Jeep Beach, Jeep Beach Week)

May 12th Meet N Greet at Hooters in Daytona across from the Daytona International Speedway
May 13th Show n Shine/Meet n Greet at Daytona Dodge Jeep
May 14th JEEP BEACH REGISTRATION OPENS! 2pm-9pm also includes a vendor meet n greet and Ms Jeep Beach contest
May 15th Jeep Beach in the infield of the Daytona International Speedway (400 Jeeps last year and looking for 600 @ Jeep Beach 2010)
May 16th The famous Jeep Beach parade on the worlds most famous beach! Lets go for the world record for the most Jeeps in a parade! Last year it was 5 miles long and included 275 Jeeps!

We are a non profit club. A portion of the proceeds will be given to the Boys and Girls club of Volusia County and to the Blue Ribbon Cooalition.

Hotel Info below ~ We heard you! The hotel(s) are back at the beach! Please read carefully to get all the details.

GUEST ROOM RATES
The Hotel agrees that it will provide discount rates for Jeep Beach 2010 participants as follows:

Hotel Riverview/Courtside Room Oceanview Room Oceanfront Room
Plaza Ocean Club $79 $89 $99
Plaza Spa and Resort $159 $169 $179
Conch House $59 $69 --
Super 8 Oceanfront $69 -- $79
Mayan Inn -- $74 $84

Other upgrades available.Reservations must be received on or before xxxxx, (the “Cut-Off Date”). At the Cut-Off Date, Hotel will determine whether or not it can accept reservations based on space and rate-available basis after this date.

Hotel will provide all guests with the VIP program card for additional savings at local retailers.

LATE CHECK-OUT
Check-Out on Sunday can be extended until 3 pm (one hour after Closing Pool Party ends) by contacting the front desk. There will be no additional charge for this extension.

EVENT REQUIREMENTS – MEETING SPACE AND FOOD/BEVERAGE
The Mid-Florida Jeep Club requires the following services from the Hotel:
Date Event Description Need

5/14/2009 Registration/Vendor Meet-n-Greet
• Side conference room and lobby near registration desk.
• Layout of room and lobby to be determined closer to event date.
• Block off front and rear parking lots for vendor set-up and Club/Sponsor Jeep Show.
• Block off pool area for vendor set-up.
• Restaurant food and beverage specials – i.e., hamburger/hot dog, chips and drink type plate special and also alcohol drink specials.

5/16/2009 Jeep Beach 2010 Beach Parade
• Hotel will secure special permit for event directly in front of the three hub hotels for staging and parking upon return.

5/16/2009 Closing Pool Party
• Pool party to immediately follow Beach Parade.
• Hotel will block-off pool area for party.
• Provide food and beverage (BBQ with two sides and sweet tea or water) for an estimated 400 participants (to be confirmed 2 weeks prior to event) at no cost.

PARKING
The Hotel agrees to the following with respect to parking:
1. Provide Offsite Trailer Parking for vendors and Jeep Beach 2010 participants registered at the hotels. Area will be guarded/manned.
2. All parking at The Plaza Ocean Club Hotel will be for reserved for Jeep Beach 2010 participants.
3. Side lot parking at The Plaza Spa and Resort will be reserved for Jeep Beach 2010 participants.
4. Parking at lot northwest of the The Plaza Ocean Club Hotel and other additional lots identified by the hotel.
5. No additional charge for parking.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:38:11 PM by Doug »
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Jeep Beach May 14-16th 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »
To close to the MOAB trip for me! I'm gonna miss this one.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 08:43:13 PM »
If I get a jeep by then I will probably be there. Loved it lastnight

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »
My Jeep will be in Moab, so as bad as I wanted to come, I can't bring the Jeep.  HERTZ RENTAL maybe?   :-\

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »
I made my reservation and plans to go a few weeks ago.... 

Found out now I may not be able to due to the ONLY weekend event in my industry once a year.   {nln}

I updated the original post with all the info.  They are expecting more than 600 JEEPS!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 08:08:50 PM »
its 356miles from here.. please.... i am going to drop paperwork next week for this... the wife and i just talked about it.... looks like we might head down tues night and head back sun night... but this might change... the wifes job and time off depends on how long we stay... but I am getting pumped about this and it only JAN.... thanks  jackass for posting this.  ;D .. but gives me time to save and buy jeep parts....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:48:43 PM by urdaddyjeep »

Offline JD_83

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »
Hell I might be able to come to that one I am supposed to take my mid tour in May or June!!!! {toast}
'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' - G. K. Chesterton

2006 Rubi
1992 F350 4X4

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 07:41:14 AM »
well i would make sure that i get to S-1 and talk to them to make sure that I get it in MAY.... taking mid in June doesnt do any good.... LOL....

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 10:03:04 AM »
 I did the Jeep Beach event last year, great event and well run. I'm a single guy with no kids but the event was very family / kid friendly for those of you wondering.
They even set up a nice obstacle course in the in field at the Speedway.

I will be making the event again this year, hope to see some of you there.  {toast}
Semper Fi

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 10:16:47 AM »
we need to link up and work this out.... Glen is wimping out already

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »
we need to link up and work this out.... Glen is wimping out already

Nothing to work out, I will get to my room on the water, 1st floor with patio, take off my doors and top, put them inside for the remainder of the time in Daytona and have a great time again.  ;D

I will be there, 10 bucks says you will back out.  ;D

I will make you a deal..... if you actually show up, I will buy you a case of beer and help you drink it. Deal?
Semper Fi

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 08:26:23 PM »
deal.... cause like i said i am already working on my leave form for this.. i just need to res my room so i have an addy to put on it... where u staying at.. i plan on doing the same thing... taking the top and doors off and leaving them in the room... wife is talking about getting a new top for the jeep just for this... right now i just have the 3 piece hard top...

I like Bud Light... but any beer that is free is fine by me...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM