BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JK-Forum vs. JKOwners  (Read 892 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
JK-Forum vs. JKOwners
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »
Just for you guys that don't visit the JK sites.....

JKOwners was essentially created by Pirate4X4 for those that get banned at JK-Forum.  It's growing like crazy because of how easy it is to get banned at JKF. 

You see.... you are not allowed to give honest feedback, commentary, or opinions about anything at JKF...   well, unless it's good and about a current paying vendor.  You can't mention non-vendors in a good or negative light, but Edwierdo (the owner)will bash anyone that is not a vendor and tell you how great one is that just happens.... to be a vendor paying him $5000 or more. 

So the honest truth and open debate are not welcome.  it is policed tightly, and they see JKOwners as a threat.  I am told that they killed a thread for a charity ride cause JKOwners folks would also be involved. 

I didn't believe it could be that bad until I hung there awhile reading up on JK stuff when I made the change.

Anybody have any personal experiences?   ;D

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: JK-Forum vs. JKOwners
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »
I was banned for my user name...."TJSAREBETTER"... douche bags over there....
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »
I was banned for my user name...."TJSAREBETTER"... douche bags over there....

haha, guess the jk guys couldn't stand to hear the truth...
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

RotorHead

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »
LOL..

I was a member of jk-f from almost the beginning. It didn't take long to see what was going on. I also joined jkowners.com early on. I kept dual citizenship for a while, but was finally banned when Eddie and his cronies were bashing Red Rock Fabrication who happened to not be vendors. They were vendors when it was Jeeperman, but all of a sudden when Jeeperman teamed up with Jason from Red Rock 4x4, the bashings began.

I had already pretty much quit going to Eddie's site, but I couldn't stand idle when I heard how he was bashing Red Rock Fab. I got on there defending them since I know first hand they have good stuff. Anyway, I told them I thought it was funny that when Jeeperman was a sponsor, we were told that they were better than sex. Now that they weren't, they just made crap. The story was too familiar.

Anyway, Eddie asked me to prove that their bumpers were nice and basically told me I was an idiot. Before I could even reply, he locked my account so I couldn't even debate what an idiot I am.

I have nothing against the people on jk-f. There's lots of good people over there. At least I think. Most of them have made it over to jkowners by now. The problem I have is that's it's not an open forum and shouldn't be disguised as one. It it an internet magazine plain and simple. Eddie is bad for our sport.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 07:37:54 PM »
They were banning people for talking about Jeep Beach last year! From everything I've heard I don't see what their forum is offering the 4x4 community. Is their anyway the 4x4 community can get together and ban JKF?
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 07:44:01 PM »
I am going to jump in this tomorrow. Its 351am and I just came in off "work". I will start my rant by saying they are a bunch of hippie Fu**s! I never say anything without proof. So I will stop with that and pass the topic to the others for now. Talk at you guys later! {toast} {salute}

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »
I can't remember what I got banned for, but I remember Livingston giving me the low down on the place about this time last year. I think I was banned for my user name too Matt  {ehm} But I think I got their attention when I posted in a touchy thread that someone had linked over here. Anyways I was only a member for about 3 minutes  :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 08:24:26 PM »
JK Forum is the best forum period!

Why the F are we even talking about this? Really old news

nashirak

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 08:43:15 PM »
We have a forum like that in the diving community. That kind of Nazi-policing is just ridiculous. The founder polices most of the forums and is quick to bash anything someone says contrary to him or his friends,  even if the contrary belief is correct. It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

Example....an instructor took two guys into a cave for a REBREATHER class, and these two guys weren't even CAVE certified, much less Rebreather certified. These are two very separate, VERY complex certifications. Lo and behold, one of them dies. Everyone on this board goes off on the instructor. BUT, since the instructor works at the FOUNDER's shop, he is shielded and we don't know what we are talking about. Go figure.

Don't start an open forum if you don't like what everyone else may say. Simple as that.

Kennyb

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 06:17:45 PM »
Thanks Doug!!! Being a new guy and all, and just surfin around.... I found the JK-Forum...We have the JK and we have a 99 XJ that we are building up...( I go tot XJTALK for that one, But at least you guys run a bit of everything, i like that!!!

I posted where a few of those cats went on a run last sat.... I didn;t know the crappo that goes on there,,,,BUT I DO NOW!!!

DOUG---I appreciate the info, Because I do not DO Polotics, and I kinda like to say what I think most of the time LOLOLOLO  Bein an old retired military guy and all.... But I know the real deal now....

Thanks Again!!!  {toast} {toast}

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 08:35:53 PM »
 I have dual citizenship as well, never did get banned at JKF but I jumped to JKO after reading a bunch of shit about JKF.

For what it's worth, out of those 2 forums and here, this is the only one that people actually hit the trails and not just TALK about it!  ;D  {toast}
Semper Fi

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »
JK Forum is the best forum period!

Why the F are we even talking about this? Really old news

No it's not.

GATR is the best forum period.
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!