BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Thompson Jeep Dealership  (Read 1190 times)

urdaddyjeep

Thompson Jeep Dealership
« on: December 23, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »
ok so most of you know what happened to me at MM.. i broke a gear in the front diff.. and they fixed it under warranty.. my value stem at D-town.. again a free fix... now after a 2000mile trip to Iowa and back my right front tire yoke is busted.. and a few other things... but i got a rental for the week.. a charger.. but everything is being paid by Jeep..

Updates will follow...

ranger11

Re: Thompson Jeep Dealership
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:19:58 AM »
Thats cool... Its cause your Mike D

BTW whats a tire yoke?

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »
hell if i know... its the part that connects the tire to the axle... i will see if i can find a pic and post it

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 09:54:48 AM »
watchoo talking bout MikeD? U joint? Ball joint? Lug nut? Wheel stud?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »
http://media.photobucket.com/image/jeep%20JK%20axle/tycarss/IMG_1397.jpg

this is about as close to a pic of what happened to mine as i can find on google

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »
u-joint & axle shaft. How'd you break that on the road?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 10:02:12 AM »
i wish i knew.... but they are tearing into my whole front axle and checking it out.. plus they are checking out my trans as well cause there is a knocking noise coming from there... almost sounds like a ziptie tied to my driveshaft but i looked and didnt see one... so they are going to have it for a week fixing it... oh and a bonus as well

when they fixed my spare and put it back on the guy didnt tighten the lug nuts down and bent my back door and now if i have my spare on it makes a rattling noise they are going to fix that too... whatever they find that needs fixing that can be covered by the warranty they are going to fix.. freakin GREAT>>>

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »
I could almost guarantee that you broke it, or at least put enough stress on it to crack it, when you where wheeling and then it just took a while for the u-joint to finally go. either that or a c-clip fell out and the cap slowly worked its way out.

btw mike, what you broke is called the muffler bearing. you should probably check out your blinker fluid too. and you def need to tell the dealership to rotate your lug nuts and change the air in your tires.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »
Kyle your a DICK.....

just cause I dont know the name of the freakin part doesnt mean that i am a fuking moron...

and the last time I wheeled was when..... yeah i think it would have shown its ugly face since then....

ghostdancer308

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »
Extreme bypass wheeling will do this. And the mecca of bypass wheeling...D-town! Hope you get a real jeep from santa to replace your Sahara!! {toast}

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 10:30:51 AM »
Extreme bypass wheeling will do this. And the mecca of bypass wheeling...D-town! Hope you get a real jeep from santa to replace your Sahara!! {toast}

{nln} Glen. aint nothing wrong with a Sahara.

Kyle your a DICK.....

just cause I dont know the name of the freakin part doesnt mean that i am a fuking moron...

and the last time I wheeled was when..... yeah i think it would have shown its ugly face since then....

take a joke mike. damn.

and actually if you lost a c-clip (or broke one, etc) it could have taken a while to show up. the c-clip is what holds the u-joint caps into the ears on the end of the axle shafts. if you lose one of the c-clips the cap will work its way out of the shaft and when it falls out finally the u-joint will flop around in the hole and it can do some serious damage. even on the screet.
 {toast}
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »
ya know everyone has jokes today...

everyone bitches about how this dealership and that dealership wont work on their Jeep or put it in for the warrant work... and I found one that has worked with me on each issue I have had,, and you all want to talk shit to me about how I wheel... or how you think it broke.... well then fuk u

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM