BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep Robberies  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Jeep Robberies
« on: January 14, 2010, 08:15:18 AM »
There has been a slew of jeeps being broken into down here in Miami! The bad part is that people are leaving their jeeps unlocked and the idiots are still cutting the plastic windows to get in. So keep your jeeps in the garage if you have one and do not keep anything of value inside - most of us know this already but sometimes we get lazy and leave things behind!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
Re: Jeep Robberies
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »
Thanks!
Luckly I have my hard top on & my jeep pretty much stays locked in a garage or parking deck all day.

Also, remember to keep the circle cleaned off your window if you use a GPS with a suction cup. People look for that circle...
Perry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 10:12:56 AM »
I just found out that my son-in-law's truck was robbed! And they live in fairly nice neighborhood. Sounds like it was just kids though because all they took was the GPS off the window and they left the $300 camera and $200 binoculars that was laying on the dash right under the GPS.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »
yeah, i learned my lesson the hard way. a couple months ago i had my ipod and radio stolen out of my jeep when the ipod and faceplate to my radio were locked in the glove box. i guess the crack head realized that if the radio had a detachable face plate it must be nice so he ripped my glove box off and then ripped the radio and ipod out. didn't even disconnect the wires, just ripped them out. what a f**ktard.

don't park in shady areas and if you do take anything that isn't bolted down with you.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline tgnelson

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »
As mentioned, I never lock the doors.  The top is too expensive, so hopefully they'll check the handle instead.  If I'm parking for more than an hour is I leave the center console lid up, glove compartment open, and partially unzip the windows so it is obvious they are open.  I figure that if a thief sees that the console is already open, then they'll figure there probably isn't anything of value left in it and move on.

Last thing I do, I keep a handful of spare change in the cup holder.  If it's missing, then I know someone's been in the Jeep and I know to check if anything else has been messed with.  It's only turned up missing once when I parked in Buckhead years ago.

God help the sucker if I ever catch a thief in my Jeep!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »
Yeah, Jeeps are probably the easiest vehicle on the planet to break into. I have a soft top and soft doors with no locks so I don't keep anything in there of value other than the CB. Insurance can buy me some goodies if I get anything stolen.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline JD_83

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 07:51:04 AM »
Yea I forgot to take my CD's out one day and some kid's got in there took them and a pack of smoke's. The funny/sad part was they took the time to pick the CD's they wanted. The rest they left on my seat lol.  {ehm}
'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' - G. K. Chesterton

2006 Rubi
1992 F350 4X4

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
all cars are easy when you use the right tools..... like a BFH....

Offline Jeff65SS

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
I have been concerned about keeping valuables in the Jeep myself, so i built a heavy duty locking console large enough to fit a laptop in. Very sturdy and would take forever to break into.

'06 Jeep Wrangler X

Offline Jeff65SS

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »
Oh, and i repainted the Jeep to match it.... :P

'06 Jeep Wrangler X

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »
There's a guy down here who just posted that his jeep was broken into - they somehow got the tuffy lock box open and got his stereo and radio equipment.
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »
I have been concerned about keeping valuables in the Jeep myself, so i built a heavy duty locking console large enough to fit a laptop in. Very sturdy and would take forever to break into.

Hard to tell from that view but a bolt cutter through what looks like a combo lock would go quick!

Best way folks is to just not keep anything in there that is not needed. I have a truck with tinted windows and all that crap but if you broke in tomorrow you would get a set of jumper cables and a set of 5yr old beat up Oakleys. Yeah it sucks but thats the world today!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM