BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: rabun trails  (Read 2323 times)

Offline georgiahunter06

• Visitor
rabun trails
« on: February 21, 2010, 02:16:11 PM »
Went up to Tallulah river on forestry road yesterday and was surprised at all the snow and ice that was still up there.  Here are some pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiahunter06

• Visitor
Re: rabun trails
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 02:17:44 PM »
there was more snow on the towns county side which i didn't get pics of

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 05:56:22 PM »
Rockinwrangler and I rode some today. We went to Tray Mtn. At the top of the ridge where the appalachain trail crosses the road the snow was anywhere from 1ft-2ft deep depending on where you were standing. We were met by two men on foot that had gotten stuck in a ford explorer and had spent the night in the woods. Mike winched them out and we have several pics of the recovery and the snow.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiahunter06

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »
yea I live in cleveland so I might go to tray tomorrow if I get off in time

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »
I was near camp merril past dahlonega. Hot side of the mountain was dry, cold side had 5 or so inches. I had to pull cable in one section. Nice recovery guys! I bet those guys had a fun night out there. Long way from anywhere on tray mountain.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline davethomas

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »
me and one other guy were up on tray mtn that same day!!!  i had to pull that dodge ram out that was in one of your pics Andy.  me and one of my buddies in a BONE stock 4cyl auto TJ went up there while my wedding shower was going on.  looks like yall were up there earlier in the day than we were though.

here is a link to a vid that he took of me playin around.  (pay no attention to the loose and rattling muffler...  havent had time to fix that one yet....)

http://curraheejeeps.com/rides/2010-02-21.html
Prez of Currahee Jeeps

Offline Shagaroo

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 03:28:41 PM »
The wife and I were up on Tray that same day.  Still have the stock Long Trails with 29k miles on them on the X so when the snow hit about 6 inches we turned around.  Looking at those pictures glad we did.  Getting new tires this weekend. It's embarrassing having to turn around.  ;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM