BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: WTB my old XJ  (Read 6308 times)

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
WTB my old XJ
« on: March 10, 2010, 05:17:32 AM »
yup, after selling it and going down a rocky path of crap that just never felt the same. i've decided that if my old XJ is fo rsale or in a salvage yard somewhere that i'll buy her back. too many memories/way too much money in it to have sold it for what i did. and it sounds a little childish but if i can get it back im more then willing to sell literally all the stuff i have of value for it. it should be floating around the north GA border area if i remember right.
 but anywho the jeeps specs are:
1994 jeep cherokee 4dr 4x4 5spd
last known as red
4.5" lift, superlift adjustable control arms SYE wood shafts
locked D8.25 and locked D30 axles
33" mud terrains
removable doors, and some stained up insides.
its most noticeable features are the beat up rockers and practically every body panel except for the hood and front fenders. and the rear quarter panels are are very beat. and a grant steering wheel that is smaller then the stock XJ wheel. here are the last pictures i ever took of it.it should or might still look the same.

if you know of the jeep and if its for sale again or in a salvage yard that would be so helpful, i've made some bad choices after selling it. and well i left a part of myself in that jeep.

you dont know how happy i would be to have that jeep back. anywho
much thanks,
-Ian

mdo817

Re: WTB my old XJ
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:36:16 PM »
If you still have the VIN, just do a title search.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:35:40 PM »

OK, I'll bite. Where do you do that?

mdo817

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »

You can do it with the DMV, local tax assesors office, I even think that there are pay sites on line.

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:25:50 PM »

You can do it with the DMV, local tax assesors office, I even think that there are pay sites on line.
awesome! i need to look around for any paper work that might have it on it. maybe an old insurance card!

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »
You can get the vin numbers from the tag office, they keep a record of all your vehicles. I have a truck that ive had for 20 years and dont have the title anymore, and its been without a tag since 98. I went into the tag office and asked what I needed to get to a tag since it was already in my name in 98 and she said we have a record of it. She showed me the computer screen and it had every vehicle ive ever tagged. It was like 3 pages long, she said she had never seen many vehicles that had belonged to one person. I said yeah I trade around alot.  Ive probably tagged 200 or more to my name. There was a truck I sold one time and I wanted to see if I could get the numbers and do some research and maybe buy it back. SHe gave me the numbers and I tracked it down but it was way to nice for me to buy back. The guy had put like 15k in parts on it. So yes, if you had it tagged in your name then you can get the vin numbers.

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 09:21:16 PM »
ok cool it looks like this weekend i'll see about the tag office

So-Bad-Im-Good

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:17:12 AM »
Rat do you know what town in N Ga?I live in N Ga and will look around.                       Jon

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »
i dont remember, i even went through a years worth of Emails to see if i could find any. no luck, but anyways im thinking of just building up a Comanche. although it would have been nice to have my old jeep to take parts off of.

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 08:12:33 PM »
This could be a bargain if he has what he says he has for it. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1631444343.html

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
yea i saw that, i found this http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1613414646.html which is nice, but the guy is leaving next week so i doubt i'll be able to buy it. i still need to sell the subraru i bought and was attempting to rebuild. i really like that 88, but i'll have to put some work into it so that i'll pass as a good DD

So-Bad-Im-Good

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 07:19:01 PM »
Rat if you are interested there is a xj in clakesville for sale and another one at Alto for sale.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM