BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep EVENT..  (Read 3013 times)

mdo817

Re: Jeep EVENT..
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 03:37:05 PM »
I still want to come, just not looking good for me, is there a "Donation Site" Mike, can you get us in to ride Tellico, I might call out "Dead"

Where would you be doing it @ Thompson? That used to be a hole in the wall.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »
there is a family that is letting them fish on their stock pond..

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
Re: Jeep EVENT..UPDATED
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »
ok this event might be in Thompson.... I will know more this week. There is an event that I might have to piggie back off of...

but I still think that it sucks that out of the hundreds of members that GATR has there are only 4 people saying that they are coming to support the soliders that were wounded in combat. But if I said that there was a ride at Tellico that weekend there would be 50 of you saying that you were going... Times are tough.. I got that.. but I just dont get what the problem is.. I put this out long time ago...

Mike, I admire your intentions but to be honest, this event didn't seem solid.
It has been full of maybes, not sures and I will know more laters from the start...... right up to your last post .

I think everyone can appreciate your good intentions and would like to participate in an event to help Vets but I still have no clue WTF would be going on at this event if I drove 4 hours to be there or IF it would even be a go if I had taken off work.

If I was within an hour away, I would go and see how it plays out but I live too far to wing it on this one sorry bro.

To ask people to commit to an event that they can't get solid info on is tough, don't take it personally I'm just saying.

I just thought you might want to consider that before going off on everyone here. Then again, I could be the only one that feels this way.

Semper Fi

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 07:34:57 AM »
Tony I understand what you are talking about but we are talking about the Army.. I need to line the ducks up and give it to them in package form... this isnt a ride where if noone shows that it isnt that big of a deal. I needed numbers to give to the Army.. I cant go to them and say yea i might have 5 or 50 jeeps there.. there is legal issues that have to be look at as well.. then the WTU/WTB has to pass it through their chain of command as well... for all of you that work for big companies you know what I am talking about.. or have ever served you know shit dont happen unless all the bosses have their say... also if you go back i asked and tried to put in a deadline to see who could spare their time and money to support this event. And I tried to explain the who, what, where,when, and why.. I am sorry that I didnt break it down Marine style.. it wont happen again..

Look I know when ever I try to put something on and ask GATR for support I may get a few maybes and 1 or 2 people telling me that they will be there...

Its all good... i know who I can ask for support and who I cant.. I never asked anyone to drive 4 hrs for anything.... oh wait how far is Tellico???

But its all good.. no worries....

ghostdancer308

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
MikeD,

We got our pee-pee's spanked for name dropping and I will obey the powers at be and not do it again. But calling like we see it here....if this was a Tellico event people would be jumping through their ass to make it. PERIOD! Nobody here is non-patriotic. We get that! But a pattern is starting to show here on these rides. There is a bunch of lip-service and the same people showing up to them. I know how chain of commands work and, I have been in that chain ,to say I know where your coming from. Your intent is great but let this be a lesson to you, me and whomever tries to plan stuff. Its not easy! We can blame the economy, family and deployments...whatever. Bottom-line your not going to get the response you want or turnout for this event. The effort and war itself are on the back burner and it sucks people have lost friends and loved ones in both theaters and nobody really cares. I was asked WTF on another website about this and all I said is that MikeD will walk away mad after this one. He will be greeted with "lip-service patriotism" and thats about it! No name dropping but thats the bottom-line.

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 08:50:20 AM »
Tony I understand what you are talking about but we are talking about the Army.. I need to line the ducks up and give it to them in package form... this isnt a ride where if noone shows that it isnt that big of a deal. I needed numbers to give to the Army.. I cant go to them and say yea i might have 5 or 50 jeeps there.. there is legal issues that have to be look at as well.. then the WTU/WTB has to pass it through their chain of command as well... for all of you that work for big companies you know what I am talking about.. or have ever served you know shit dont happen unless all the bosses have their say... also if you go back i asked and tried to put in a deadline to see who could spare their time and money to support this event. And I tried to explain the who, what, where,when, and why.. I am sorry that I didnt break it down Marine style.. it wont happen again..

Look I know when ever I try to put something on and ask GATR for support I may get a few maybes and 1 or 2 people telling me that they will be there...

Its all good... i know who I can ask for support and who I cant.. I never asked anyone to drive 4 hrs for anything.... oh wait how far is Tellico???

But its all good.. no worries....

Never been to Tellico so I wouldn't know, but I was willing to drive 4 hours or whatever to help out if the event would have sounded more solid.
The ride you and I did at River Rock was to benefit Vets, remember?

Anyway, I wasn't posting to bust your balls, I know dealing with commands is a PITA.

All I was saying was that MAYBE people are more likely to show up to other events because they are solid and well layed out. " Show up here, at this time, on this day and we will be doing this."

If you want to put together another ride to benefit Vets but without Big A involved I will help and attend.  I think you might get a better turnout without all the hassle of Big A.

Semper Fi

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 09:40:34 AM »
EVENT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I AM tired of it. Between trying to get GATR and the Army.

Once the tee shirts come in .. nevermind

Offline jeepinjp

• Visitor
    • WHEELERS FOR THE WOUNDED
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2010, 12:03:54 PM »
I have posted it on Wheelers for the Wounded.org. I had given the leader a heads up over there that you were trying to pull this event together, and he was going to let some of his active duty jeepers know.

I will also send a message to some contacts I have within the VA and ask that they let their VA members know in Atlanta/elsewhere in the SE region/VISN 7 to see what they can drum up as well.  If I hear back from anyone I will let you know.

Hi all I am JP and I took over WFTW when Jason went back to the theater, I am a little confused as to weather this was to be a WWP event or a WFTW event ??? Unfortunately it seems it will not happen, too bad... If I can help let me know. One thing I can say is you need to give yourself and others more leadtime for planning etc.I dont know what its like there wheeling wise, but what most states do is plan a few fundraising events, weather at 4x4 shops at military events etc. contact vendors and get goodies to raffle, to giveaway etc. solicit donations and then hold a main event where there is a weekend that said clubs volunteer and take wounded warriors, their family out wheeling, camping , eating etc. for the weekend all at NO cost to warrior.. It is the 4 wheel drive communities way of saying THANK YOU..........................

hOPE THAT HELPS, AND DONT GIVE UP I know you can do it....
if i can help let me know....
Thanx
JP
semper fi
NEVER FORGET
Thanks for your service.........
www.wheelersforthewounded.org
www.militaryjeepers.com
BOD www.sharetrails.org
NJ  www.nohvcc.org

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2010, 12:52:18 PM »
Sorry to hear it canceled Mike, I would be there if I didn't have finals that day. If you are still interested in putting on a car show or something to help support wounded soldiers at some other time, I'd suggest going to the www.csramotorsports.com forum and trying to get a couple of local clubs and shops involved. Having a bunch of locals involved might be more successful & that site has a lot of Ft. Gordon dudes on it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:01:59 PM by Jimmy »
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2010, 01:15:16 PM »
Yeah, sorry it didn't work out MikeD.  Timing is everything.  Don't give up on us!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
Hi all I am JP and I took over WFTW when Jason went back to the theater, I am a little confused as to weather this was to be a WWP event or a WFTW event ??? Unfortunately it seems it will not happen, too bad... If I can help let me know. One thing I can say is you need to give yourself and others more leadtime for planning etc.I dont know what its like there wheeling wise, but what most states do is plan a few fundraising events, weather at 4x4 shops at military events etc. contact vendors and get goodies to raffle, to giveaway etc. solicit donations and then hold a main event where there is a weekend that said clubs volunteer and take wounded warriors, their family out wheeling, camping , eating etc. for the weekend all at NO cost to warrior.. It is the 4 wheel drive communities way of saying THANK YOU....................
if i can help let me know....

[/quote]

thank you for your thoughts.... this was not a WWP nor a WFTW event. this was my event that I wanted to do here for the troops here.. I want local support to show them that the locals support.. but then there wasnt much support for it.. i learned a leasson...

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
...and this leasson was?
98 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM