BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: APRIL 17, 2010 OPEN RIDE AT BEASLEY KNOB - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 26427 times)

ranger11

Re: APRIL 17, 2010 OPEN RIDE AT BEASLEY KNOB - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »
Just seen this. Thought it was cool. We are coming to town!

http://www.topix.net/city/blairsville-ga/2010/03/ga-trail-riders-to-beasley-knob-april-17th-2010

Cool but its linked to jeep forum????

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »
Back from beasley! Not the best wheelin trip. Beautiful weather, good trail conditions, but way too many rigs! The rover had its first and last wheelin trip! I'm sure someone has pics of the carnage. One thing though guys, It's not cool to leave another club member behind on the trail when they are broke down! Yeah he may have had range rover but thats no excuse to leave him behind. It will come back to haunt you later, trust me. If it wasn't for me a just a few other guys he would still be on the trail broke down.

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
What happened? Of the guys from here I've ridden with, usually if you break, you will have more help than is useful...
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2010, 07:07:47 PM »
What happened? Of the guys from here I've ridden with, usually if you break, you will have more help than is useful...

Yeah, that's not cool!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »

x3. Usually you have 1-2 people working and two dozen watching.

Offline GARover

• Visitor
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
Just got home from beasley safe and sound. I can't thank those of you Enough who stayed with me and helped get my tie rod straightened back out (twice) enough to steer.  I couldn't believe that stick went up under the truck and busted that thermostat..  And another thanks to the man and his wife in the white jeep that adjusted the tie rod enough to drive great on the pavement for 2 hours home. I was so happy to be off that trail system lol once you were in you were in so I just had to keep on going. Thanks again guys. Sorry I am terrible with names but I promise I remember your faces. That was my first time out and I must say the trails at beasley were a hell of a lot more difficult than I had imagined in my head. Over all I got in and out alive and home all in the same vehicle so over all it was a success. I'm not sure what the big who-hah was about it being a land rover that I kept hearing on the CB.. It's a $6500 truck, not a lamborghini on 44's. I'll have to scrounge up a lift, some tires, and some under armor before I try beasley again. Other than the break downs I thought the ole discovery did a great job in stock form. :) anyways, thanks again guys. My wife and kids appreciate it haha some plastic bumpers, a head light, and a tie rod bring up the damage report. I'll come better prepared next time and don't think twice about asking me for help after what y'all did for me today. See ya on the trails!  

Offline Alpha4x4

• Visitor
    • BluelakeOffroad.com
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2010, 07:34:11 PM »
Sorry guys, we have a tenacious virus raging havac in our home...had to stay home and tend to some sick kiddies...catch yall next time.
"Lets Roll" - Todd Beamer 9/11
2005 LJ 4x4 Unlimited 4.0 Auto

Offline MACHINE

• Visitor
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »
Wish I could have made it guys... I wasted this day working on a POS car at my house. I dunno if I will be able to make the next run in the XJ or not. Depends on if I can scrounge up some more parts in time. If its not ready, I'd love to ride with someone. I'm not a free loader either. I pay my way... Anyway, I'm a bit surprised to hear someone got left behind. Not cool. It could be you someday...  I just hope everyone had fun and no one got hurt.  I'm waiting on the pics, cause I know someone has a bunch....

Offline SkullTripper

• Visitor
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2010, 08:49:52 PM »
I have video of just about everyone who participated I was in the "big" litte green Jeep that made it up umm ... what was that trail... anyways the really big ass hill that was a trip and a half it was great fun... some of you guys could have joined the little convoy if you didn't like riding with the slow poke stockers anyways had great fun and got a video of the Land rover damage  {popcorn}

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2010, 08:51:10 PM »
GARover, I hope today didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. If you take the time to come on another ride we'll show you what GATR is really about, having a good time and staying safe no matter the rig or the modifications.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

ranger11

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »
GARover, I hope today didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. If you take the time to come on another ride we'll show you what GATR is really about, having a good time and staying safe no matter the rig or the modifications.

X2

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
x3, our exclusive rides would probably be a better display of how cool our group can be.  {toast}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM