BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GATR Member Spotted  (Read 645 times)

Apostle

GATR Member Spotted
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:10:49 PM »
So today I left work to grab some lunch when on the way out I notice this Yellow TJ parked next to me.  What caught my eye was the GATR logo on the side!  Being a member for just a short time I am not used to seeing it anywhere else but here.  So I chatted with the owner for awhile and he tries to get me to come out to a couple group rides.  Of course I am already looking forward to that time on the trail.  I am a little nervous though because my baby is almost pristine.   I'd hate to give her real character so soon.  Anyway, his name was Rick and he goes by Night Wolf on the forum here.  I just thought I'd share and thank y'all for the great information I have been digesting for the past month and a half.   {toast}

Signing off from Robins AFB
Scott   {salute}

ranger11

Re: GATR Member Spotted
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »
Scott you WILL NOT get a scratch unless you want to. we never put anybody (except Mark or Jimmy) in a spot that they cant back out of. We would love for you to ride with us.  {toast}   The next ride is an easy one and you will have a blast. Hope you show. {popcorn}

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:19:54 PM »
Yeah, certain people you can egg on to try a line they didn't want to. Most of those people bring their junk on a trailer though. If you had a DD or don't feel comfortable trying a line, no one is gonna egg you on or give you too hard a time about not trying it.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »
Yeah, certain people you can egg on to try a line they didn't want to. Most of those people bring their junk on a trailer though. If you had a DD or don't feel comfortable trying a line, no one is gonna egg you on or give you too hard a time about not trying it.

And then there are ra-tards like me that drive to and from the trail and still want to try those lines.  {no}
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 03:05:38 AM »
scott i think the spring thing at river rock is in May.  you should plan to be there.  assumeing i'm in the state (not TDY) i will be heading that way.  should be out of here some time this month, and just need to do a clutch job on the jeep and i'm ready.  i do have a pretty full schedule in May and have one TDY to Tinker that i have to go on but that is just a week, not sure of the dates yet.
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 08:52:54 AM »
This group won't steer you wrong. Unless your name is Mike D.  ;) But we really do have your overall wellbeing in mind. Nobody wants to break while riding. {toast}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »
I am one of those special kids that jimmy and logan are talking about...I used to beat on my jeep like hell and then drive it home. there were a few times I had to castrate my jeep before I could drive it and a few times I couldn't drive it for a few days but if you take it easy and listen to your spotter you will be able to drive your rig home and, once you give it a bath, will look the same as before the ride.  {toast}
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 10:11:46 AM »
Scratches are cool. There like scars on your own body - they each have there own story ;D

But, as all of the guys have said the trails you take are taken because you want to. Most places that we go riding always have a bypass around the big obstacle and these bypasses have a well beaten path if you know what I mean.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 11:31:01 AM »
I am one of those special kids that jimmy and logan are talking about...I used to beat on my jeep like hell and then drive it home. there were a few times I had to castrate my jeep before I could drive it and a few times I couldn't drive it for a few days but if you take it easy and listen to your spotter you will be able to drive your rig home and, once you give it a bath, will look the same as before the ride.  {toast}

I was referring to myself. In the last two times I've been riding, I had to get my dad to bring the trailer once, and coming back from Choccolocco I had to pull over on the side of the road and fix the heep. As a matter of fact in the entire time I've had the Jeep, I've only wheeled once and not broken something. ::) I can't wait til I can afford a tow rig.
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
Were all 4 tires on the ground?  Nope, couldn't have been him.  ;)

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 09:57:48 PM »

good ole jump. haha
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 06:10:52 AM »

good ole jump. haha
  {ehm}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM