BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Weird Jeep problems I ran across this weekend...  (Read 349 times)

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
Weird Jeep problems I ran across this weekend...
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:23 AM »
So for once I spent the weekend working on Jeeps that aren't mine and I'm reminded why they are Just Empty Every Pocket.
The first problem was on a female friends Jeep, she just bought an 03 LJ with a body lift and 33's. Well she had been experiencing DW above 60 and had almost wrecked from it. So I head over on Friday and look at it, I immediately jump under the front end and have her cut the wheel back and forth looking for play, nothing out of the ordinary {ehm}. So I climb out and start looking at it just trying to think and notice her tires are not only mismatched, but 2 are worn down in the center. I decide to pull out my tire gauge and check, yup 50 PSI in each tire. I air them all down to 35 and test drive it to see if I can find the DW, get down the road and nothing, drives smoother than my Jeep.

The second problem was on a buddy's YJ, Chris for those of you that were on the Choccolocco ride, I drop by find him swapping out transmissions. Since he's up under it I decide to help him out by pulling the bell housing off the new tranny, because he is going to swap them over. All I accomplished was snapping 4 Crapsman 1/2" 12pt sockets using a breaker bar and then a torque wrench to find out how much force I was using.

Has anyone else encountered seemingly freak problems like these?
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
Re: Weird Jeep problems I ran across this weekend...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »
I snapped a bunch of body mount bolts on my YJ, even after letting them sit in PB blaster over night.  It went from a couple hour job to a few day job full of four letter words.

Offline pachary

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »
Just in case ya help that friend with the "03 LJ",  they don't exist.  04-06 only for the TJ Unlimiteds.  Just FYI if you or she needs parts.  There are a couple of significant part changes in TJ years so it could make a big diffenrence.

;) paul
2005 TJ Unlimited

Offline Logan

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 04:13:41 PM »
Thanks Paul, I imagine I have the year wrong, as it looks longer than a TJ.
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline pachary

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 04:21:46 PM »
No prob.  Just if you try to get parts for her, that year break could cause some frustration.
2005 TJ Unlimited

Offline Logan

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:24:55 AM »
Hey Paul, Katrina says she wants her Jeep to be just like yours when it grows up... {hihi}

[attachment deleted by admin]
93 F-250 tow pig

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM