BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Any drag strip guys here  (Read 707 times)

ranger11

Any drag strip guys here
« on: May 26, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
I plan on taking the stang to Silver dollar on friday night. Anyone is welcome to attend. Maybe a long trip for some. It is 10.00 for spect. or 20 to run.

Jimmy I got it all put back together last night. Now to do something with all that Ryan style wiring. Then get some race ruel and spark plugs.

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
Re: Any drag strip guys here
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »
I used to go to commerce / Atlanta Dragway pretty regular. Pretty much just mess with the jeeps now. This was my toy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 02:21:30 PM »
Once they start up again next month, I'll be going to the Friday night drags pretty regular at AMS.
98 XJ

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:40:41 PM »
I plan on taking the stang to Silver dollar on friday night. Anyone is welcome to attend. Maybe a long trip for some. It is 10.00 for spect. or 20 to run.

Jimmy I got it all put back together last night. Now to do something with all that Ryan style wiring. Then get some race ruel and spark plugs.

Who sells race fuel around here?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

mdo817

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 03:33:38 PM »
Once they start up again next month, I'll be going to the Friday night drags pretty regular at AMS.
They started up a few weeks ago Calvin.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »

You been bracket racing the YJ for XJ mod money?  :D

mdo817

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »

You been bracket racing the YJ for XJ mod money?  :D
{ehm} {ehm} {ehm} {hihi}

ranger11

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »

Place out on the other end of mercer/74. Also the track does. May be takin a trip to summit tomorrow afternoon for some last min. items.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »
Cool, give me a call if you go. I'll ride if I'm not doing anything.

I know some guys use E85 instead of race fuel since its cheaper and is essentially 100 octane. Not sure if it will work as well on a carbed car though and you'd probably have to upgrade the fuel lines.
- Jimmy

ranger11

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 06:07:26 PM »
Can you send me some links on this. I will look around on a few forums also.

mdo817

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »

Place out on the other end of mercer/74. Also the track does. May be takin a trip to summit tomorrow afternoon for some last min. items.
Call me if you come up to Summit, I'll be in my shop most of the day.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Can you send me some links on this. I will look around on a few forums also.

I don't know a whole lot about it, but it actually looks to be 105-115 octane. Apparently you can run really deep timing, but it takes 30-40% more fuel, so you may need to upgrade the fuel system to run it. I know that some guys in Augusta run it and are getting 100+ hp over their pump gas setups.
- Jimmy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM