BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: River Rock Open Ride - Saturday June 5 ???  (Read 3896 times)

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
River Rock Open Ride - Saturday June 5 ???
« on: June 04, 2010, 11:32:56 AM »
Hey guys,
I'm new here and don't know much about the available (legal) wheeling in the (Byron/Warner Robins/Macon) area.  I've tried to get out to River Rock several times but I travel A LOT and they haven't had any open rides when I was in town.  I noticed on their calendar they show this Saturday as an "Open Ride".  Does anyone know anything about it?  Is anyone going out there?  I have emailed them off their website in the past but have never recieved any response.
1999 TJ
2004 F-350 XLT, FX4, 4X4, 4"lift on 35s
2011 F-150 Supercrew Lariat, 4X4 (Wifes car)
And the Off Road transportation that NEVER gets stuck
1990 Tennessee Walking Horse - "JEZ"

Always remember our veterans!!  Even if you don't agree with the politics of what they are fighting for, they are someone who swore to give the ultimate sacrifice of their LIFE to defend the freedoms you and I enjoy everyday.

mdo817

Re: River Rock Open Ride - Saturday June 5 ???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 01:25:15 PM »
Hey guys,
I'm new here and don't know much about the available (legal) wheeling in the (Byron/Warner Robins/Macon) area.  I've tried to get out to River Rock several times but I travel A LOT and they haven't had any open rides when I was in town.  I noticed on their calendar they show this Saturday as an "Open Ride".  Does anyone know anything about it?  Is anyone going out there?  I have emailed them off their website in the past but have never recieved any response.
If the calender shows open ride, it is just that, open to anyone that shows up. I don't think my wife would be happy with me if I did 3 weekends in a row, so I'm out.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 01:49:24 PM »
Hey guys,
If the calender shows open ride, it is just that, open to anyone that shows up. I don't think my wife would be happy with me if I did 3 weekends in a row, so I'm out.

C'mon Mark, just tell her that your out in the garage ;D
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 02:27:18 PM »
I am trying my best not to sound like a dumbass, but when the shoe fits I guess...  {ehm}
I'm sure that none of you probably work at River Rock, but this is the first time I have seen their calendar say "open ride" without any club or person's name attached.  Every "ride" I have been on, everyone meets at a specific time and a short while later the ride begins.  So...I guess my big question is does this mean anyone who wants to ride that day shows up at a specific time and the River Rock folks have a structured ride for the day or is the park just open all day to anyone who shows up to ride on any trails they want?

Again (the dumbass in me comming out) I know the GAtrailRiders don't run River Rock, but maybe someone from the GATrailRiders has been on one of these open rides and knows how they work.  Like I said before, I have emailed River Rock a few times and have never received a reply (a problem with their email perhaps?) otherwise I would just ask them.

Thanks for the help and hope to see some of you on the trail soon!
1999 TJ

Always remember our veterans!!  Even if you don't agree with the politics of what they are fighting for, they are someone who swore to give the ultimate sacrifice of their LIFE to defend the freedoms you and I enjoy everyday.

ranger11

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
I am trying my best not to sound like a dumbass, but when the shoe fits I guess...  {ehm}
I'm sure that none of you probably work at River Rock, but this is the first time I have seen their calendar say "open ride" without any club or person's name attached.  Every "ride" I have been on, everyone meets at a specific time and a short while later the ride begins.  So...I guess my big question is does this mean anyone who wants to ride that day shows up at a specific time and the River Rock folks have a structured ride for the day or is the park just open all day to anyone who shows up to ride on any trails they want?

Again (the dumbass in me comming out) I know the GAtrailRiders don't run River Rock, but maybe someone from the GATrailRiders has been on one of these open rides and knows how they work.  Like I said before, I have emailed River Rock a few times and have never received a reply (a problem with their email perhaps?) otherwise I would just ask them.

No need to feel like a da... You just go out there and wheel. Where ever you want. Pm Will he kinda works there or use to. The only thing I dont know is how or who you pay on open rides.

mdo817

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 03:27:35 PM »

No need to feel like a da... You just go out there and wheel. Where ever you want. Pm Will he kinda works there or use to. The only thing I dont know is how or who you pay on open rides.
Will is in LaGrange, Kyle (rowingfish) has been doing more work out there lately. Here is how the open ride works. If in fact Steve (Owner) is opening the park, you just show up when ever you want. Go down to the camping area, can't miss it. Ask around to where Steve is, he will be wearing a Camo hat and riding on a side by side. Pay him, and ride wherever you want, on trails that is. River Rock does not do structured rides, heck ares aren't very structured, but we do have a meeting time.

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »
Thanks for the info!!!  As of right now my wife and are are going to head out there tomorrow, baring any unforseen emergencies.  If anyone else is there, please look us up.  Wheelin' is always better with friends!!  The Jeep in the avatar is mine and if anyone else's junk looks similar, mine is identifiable by the Big "U.S. Air Roce Retired" sticker on the back window.
1999 TJ

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
Turn left where the fence is.

First time out we weren't sure where to turn.
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

mdo817

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 07:30:31 PM »

There is a nice wood fence that will have off-road type banners on it, don't worry about stopping at the little pay house on the right unless you see someone at it, it's usually only manned at big events. Steve drives a White 4 door 4 wheel drive dually, and his wife Kim drives a White Tahoe.

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »

There is a nice wood fence that will have off-road type banners on it, don't worry about stopping at the little pay house on the right unless you see someone at it, it's usually only manned at big events. Steve drives a White 4 door 4 wheel drive dually, and his wife Kim drives a White Tahoe.

his truck is a gmc 3500 or a ford 350 srw. prob the gmc tho. on an open ride steve just normally expects people to be on the honor system and come find him to pay. most people that come out here have been enough or are with someone who knows what they are doing. I may be out there tonight. I'm off work today to go to a wedding in ft valley so depending on when that lets out I might head down to the river. anyone who goes hit me up. Kyle- 770.656.1630.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 11:02:59 AM »
kyle, i may be coming down in a few weeks with brandon to test his rig, ill hit you up..

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 11:05:56 AM »
Well, we made it out to River Rock yesterday.  Met some good people {toast}, almost backflipped my Jeep onto it's roof {no}, all-in-all, had a great tiime ;D.  I have some videos and once I figure out how to get them on here I'll post them.  They are too big to post as an attachment.  Anybody want to share how to attach as a youtube video?

This was the first outing since the coil spring spacers, body lift and 35" tires and the Jeep did great!!

I found Steve right away.  And yep, he is a great guy!  In fact, because it had rained the night before and he wasn't sure of the condition of the trails, he gave me my money back and told me to go look around and if I ended up having a good time to pay his buddy Drapper.  We met up with Drapper and his crew and they showed us some places to go.  My buddy that went with us had a stock JK "X" and he got very nervous at quit a few of the places Drapper took us.  He did take a lot of the bypasses, but I couldn't blame him.  At the end of the day, Draper let me drive his XJ up some really cool stuff since I don't have lockers or anything.  Like I said, it was a great time!  Can't wait to go back.

Chuck
1999 TJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM