BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sony Amp and crossover  (Read 1091 times)

Offline tjl1388

• Visitor
Sony Amp and crossover
« on: July 10, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »
Since we're on an audio kick around here lately...these were in my new XJ and I don't need them..

Sony Xplod 1100 watt Amp, gently used. Not really into the loud stuff anymore...I guess I'm getting to old. Pictures by request.

Exactly like this one... http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Xplod-XM-SD22X-Amplifier-2-channel/dp/B0007OPHCU

but half the price.  $65

Coustic XM4 Crossover. It has a built-in line driver, stepping up voltage to 8V RMS. (whatever that means)
$50

$100 for both.
Just another grocery getter with some lockers....
It is all about the U

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Sony Amp and crossover
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »
I know nothing about the new audio equipment, but want more sub and power in my boat. 

Has 2 amps now, a 12" sub, 6 speakers in the boat, and 4 tower speakers on the tower. 

1 amp powers the tower speakers, and 1 powers the sub and boat speakers.  Want to separate that.

Am going to add a bigger sub and more power.  Will this do it?

How much power does it take to shake those big low notes?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 04:21:25 PM by Doug »

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
Re: Sony Amp and crossover
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 04:23:07 PM »
I know nothing about the new audio equipment, but want more sub ad power in my boat. 

Has 2 amps now, a 12" sub, 6 speakers in the boat, and 4 tower speakers on the tower. 

Am going to add a bigger sub and more power.  Will this do it?

How much power does it take to shake those big low notes?

You will want to look at a sub that has a narrower frequency and in the range you want. I think you are wanting low frequency. The broader the frequency range, the less dedicated it is to a certain note. If you will notice the expensive ones don't have that broad spectrum, and the cheap ones are wide. Do't really worry too much about the watts.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM