BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Slide-in Capmer for 8' bed  (Read 1343 times)

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
Slide-in Capmer for 8' bed
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:26:32 AM »
I'm looking for a REAL good deal on a fully self contained Slide-in camper for a long bed pick-up.  Would like it to have a generator, but not a must.  If anyone runs across anything, please let me know. 

Chuck
1999 TJ
2004 F-350 XLT, FX4, 4X4, 4"lift on 35s
2011 F-150 Supercrew Lariat, 4X4 (Wifes car)
And the Off Road transportation that NEVER gets stuck
1990 Tennessee Walking Horse - "JEZ"

Always remember our veterans!!  Even if you don't agree with the politics of what they are fighting for, they are someone who swore to give the ultimate sacrifice of their LIFE to defend the freedoms you and I enjoy everyday.

mdo817

Re: Slide-in Capmer for 8' bed
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:53:25 PM »
I'm looking for a REAL good deal on a fully self contained Slide-in camper for a long bed pick-up.  Would like it to have a generator, but not a must.  If anyone runs across anything, please let me know. 

Chuck
It's a craze. There are some good deals out there if you are looking for hard side, and don't mind a road trip. Use craiglook, click rv, search "slide in truck camper", don't put a city just let it do a national search, then just repeat every couple of days. The one you are looking for will pop up sooner or later. Took me several month's still didn't get the shorter one like I wanted for the price I wanted, but I'm satisfied for now.

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »

Chuck
It's a craze. There are some good deals out there if you are looking for hard side, and don't mind a road trip. Use craiglook, click rv, search "slide in truck camper", don't put a city just let it do a national search, then just repeat every couple of days. The one you are looking for will pop up sooner or later. Took me several month's still didn't get the shorter one like I wanted for the price I wanted, but I'm satisfied for now.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was yours?  If I could sell the damn house in Florida, I could use that money I'm throwing away on it and get something real nice, but until that house sells (if it ever sells in this economy) I'm on a very tight budget.
1999 TJ

Always remember our veterans!!  Even if you don't agree with the politics of what they are fighting for, they are someone who swore to give the ultimate sacrifice of their LIFE to defend the freedoms you and I enjoy everyday.

mdo817

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 06:28:44 PM »
 {pm}

ranger11

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »

Chuck
Use craiglook, click rv, search "slide in truck camper", don't put a city just let it do a national search, then just repeat every couple of days.

Never knew you could do it that way. Thanks for the tip {toast}

mdo817

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:03:47 PM »
It worked for me, after you go through it the first time, you only have to look at the new ones, like "Today & Yesterday" if you go longer with out looking just look at what day they were posted. Makes things quicker, and lets you decide just how far you might want to drive for a deal.

ranger11

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 07:34:29 AM »
Thanks

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 07:51:51 AM »
WOW Mark, thanks!!!  There are a lot of REAL good deals out there.  Now I just gotta find one I like that is not too far away.

Chuck
1999 TJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM